1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOS ROM Checksum error

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Live OR Die, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    i was tring to update my dads celeron 1ghz socket 370, i downloaded the newest bios from aopen and flashed it now im getting a BIOS ROM Checksum error and it looks for a floppy system disk, can i fix this :confused: its a aopen AX33 had r1.07 bios installed

2. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    This probably is not much help, but check your battery for the cmos.
    Try flashing with only one memory module, if you have more than one in there.

If the floppy drive light is on and off , don't shut the computer 'til it says so or re-boots by itself.

The latest bios for it is 1.09 at this link:http://www.driverstock.com/AOpen-AX33-driver-download/29-36-7307-60733/index.html

If all that fails, time for a new system or get some used parts and rebuild. That board seems to be older and you might be able to get one for cheap.
    Good-luck.

Live OR Die says thanks.
  3. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    thanks we got it for free any ways ill look for a cheap board

4. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    I fixed the problem if this ever happens to any one else this is what i did

1. Make a bootable floopy disk. One easy way to create boot disk is to use Windows Explorer to format the floppy disk, and select the option ‘Create a MS-DOS startup disk’.

2. Copy the Award flash utility & a BIOS file to the floppy disk.

3. Create an autoexec.bat file with Notepad, and type in an auto flash command in For example,

awdflash.exe biosfile.bin /py /sn /cc /cd /cp /cks /R

(awdflash.exe been filename of flash tool, and XXXXXXXX.BIN is the file name of the BIOS. Remember to save the file as autoexec.bat.

4. Boot up system with the floppy.

5. The system should auto execute autoexec.bat and flash overwrite the BIOS. If any prompt appears, follow accordingly.