1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioshock 2...is it even still worth it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by happita, Mar 14, 2010.

1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    If anyone is still up for getting this game at 37.49 a piece, 3 other people have to get in on it with me so I will get it on steam and will distribute to the 3 who wants to do this via gifts for your steamid.

Quick question before I even do this. Does Bioshock 2 have that securom or limited installations for your PC thing? I heard of it and don't know if its true, but just been wondering about it.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. tuunade98

Thanks Received:
    the game is absolutely great mutliplayer is a bit laggy but updates and patches should fix that single player is just perfect and awsome fun.. ive got the game finished it and playing it again just that i reckon more people need to have it for multiplayer it kinda takes a while to find a match making lobby to join a game and everything but that might just be because the game just came out might just need some more time but everything else about the game is jus fun and awsome
  3. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    multiplayer isn't worth it on the PC...the community is way too small...i basically stopped playing after 2 weeks. no host migration means that if the host quits or gets dc'd, games over. it's so small that when i stoppped playing, i was 38 on the leaderboards.

sp is worth $37. it's too short imo but still good. i probably won't ever play it again as i was able to beat it twice over 2 days (1 sitting).
  4. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Hmm. I figured as much. I think I will wait for some other games. I still have more than a few I haven't completed (old school 64/ps2/dreamcast), so I think I have time to kill till then. Which shouldn't be past the end of this year. I am excited about this year for upcoming releases:rockout:
  5. tuunade98

Thanks Received:
    im waiting for splinter cell conviction to come out and getting bad company 2 in 2 weeks
  6. Atnevon

Atnevon

Thanks Received:
    I played the 360 version, but the whole throw Hypnosis tonic, wait for room to clear itself stratagy is a bit lame. Still great game and totally worth the collectors edition in my eyes.
  7. tuunade98

Thanks Received:
    you mean splinter cell conviction im pretty sure its not even out yet for any console
  8. gizmo219 New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is a great game, the multiplayer is decent. I don't think it has much replay value.
  9. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    this is an asome game ive had it ages now and still not completed it, i think its rather long. I not one of the people who put their life on hold to complete it mind you, i think that ruins games, i like to play a bit then stop then play a bit. Bit like reading a book doing chapters at a time.
  10. _33

_33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think if you liked the first one, this second one will be ok for you.
  11. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    Thank god I didnt buy it :toast:
  12. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think i am gonna wait to get this when they have a sweet bioshock1/2 combo on steam. I want to play both, just haven't had time. Esp. now that I got Assassins Creed II for $30. And I gotta rebeat ME2
  13. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Multiplayer was lackluster, and the Singleplayer wasn't as much of an experience as the first game - it didn't 'wow' you this time around, as you knew what to expect. The only real aspect that changed is that you play as a Big Daddy, but there's nothing really obvious about being a Big Daddy, that benefits you in game. You're still just as vulnerable to attacks from splicers and the like. The only real plus is that you can hold the plasmid in one hand while simultaneously having your weapon in the other(which doesn't seem to be some advantage of being a Big Daddy, rather just a convenience move by the developers).

There's very little replay value, and the different game endings are so similar, it's not even worth replaying the game.

If you've already played the first, then wait for this to come down in price.
  14. OmfgCoke

OmfgCoke New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the Original bioshock and haven't played more than 2 hours of it, so I still have to beat that first, and hopefully by then this will be a 10 dollar clearance game. I got the first game at Best Buy for 9.99 two black fridays ago lol.

Speaking of sequels, Rare I'm still waiting on that Viva Pinata PC Sequel :)
  15. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    It's a half assed sequel which they sold to the fans of the first one for a quick buck. nothing really all that new or exciting in this one
  16. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Me too . thing is every time a good game comes out you have folks saying to short not very nice eye candy or what ever it maybe . I waited to get this game till just the other day . I will not be making that mistake again .
    This is a great game fast paced action packed and a very nice story line as well .
    When I get a game I want to enjoy it a long time not spend 50 bucks and play it in one day and say I am done . Not what I call fun .
    This game is great stop thinking is it worth it or not , nothing is really worth it then .
  17. OmfgCoke

OmfgCoke New Member

Thanks Received:
    By the time I get this for $10 next black friday, there will be no guilt in my mind :toast:
  18. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    LOL .

I am loving this game . !