1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games' started by ste2425, Mar 19, 2013.

1. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    sucks i have this bioshock key but will never use it....
  2. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    :rolleyes: orly then how come there's a lot of trailers and commercials (if you haven't noticed)
  3. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    I never heard of it until I got the offer with a video card purchase.
  4. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    Maybe it's hyped but the hype has not saturated. We're using borderline faux-speech here but I have to agree that despite the videos for it, This is game is WAAYY under-advertised for being the third entry in the BioShock series. I'm not even a fan of the series particularly this is just imo.
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've played it for a few hours (very slowly) and it's definitely worth getting. I have no problem paying full price for it, but if and when it goes on sale I definitely recommend getting it.

The game is beautiful, polished, thought out, beautifully artistic, creative, and many times I find myself just staring at the screen and taking the world in. This is one of those games I just don't want to end. They worked on this game a long time and it shows. Don't hold yourself back because they marketed the game... People should know about this game. :toast:
  6. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'll second that. I'm actually interested in the story. I want to know more and I want to know why things are the way they are and what my purpose is. Throw in an atmosphere of disturbingly malignant technicolor and you have an intriguing, beguiling game.
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Good to hear but if it only takes like 15 hours of play well it's not worth $60 to us at least.. Shame as it does sound like a nice game.. Think i will wait till it's like $20..
  8. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    If there are people beating it in 15 hours then I'll most likely get 25 to 30 hours out of it. I take my time, enjoy the game, seek out all the side quests, explore, etc...

Those other people rush through just to finish it.

I can't wait to try this tonight.
  9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Played a bit after I got off work, mostly just ran through the into and learned a few things. Think I'm starting to reach the plot twist and get into the story. Getting ready to jump back into it and play more now.

I'll be doing a gameplay series for it if anyones interested, episode 1 is below, I won't be linking any others here, so just keep it in mind if you are interested in watching. Also just incase some out there play at lower settings, and are curious the difference in looks, mine is recorded completely maxed, including the alternate post processing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  10. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    I'm much the same on this one...thinking I will take it slow and explore all the game has to offer. I just want to stop and look around at times at all the great sights.
  11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it's worth it. I already know I'll play through it again and I'm not even close to completing it yet. I can't argue with wanting to save money though. :)
    AsRock says thanks.
  12. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I'm excited for this game, but economic factors prevent me from buying it right now. Bring on the Steam Spring Sale!
    AsRock says thanks.
  13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Finally got into some combat. Only thing bothering me with the game right now is the mouse seems jumpy. The sensitivity was too high at first, I have it nice now. But I still seem to have an unsteady aim.
    WhiteNoise says thanks.
  14. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I had the same issue with the sensitivity and had to decrease it in the in-game menu as well. Although I never got any jumpiness on my side then again I did play the game on windowed fullscreen as I do with all games since I don't have crossfire so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.
  15. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    I left a hint on here earlier that i was getting rid of my game promo key, thought id do it on tpu as youre all better people than on other forums, but no one picked up on it and its gone... lol
  16. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's how good we are here d1nky - we don't spam people asking for free swag ;) even when they hint. :)
  17. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    why the pm asking for money?! :p ah that's cool I got 3dmark out of it so im happy!
  18. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well money being part of the issue the other is that games drop in price so frigging fast why not wait a month and get them a little cheaper and with a patch or 2.

Is a shame though i do wish i could just drop $60 on games when i felt like it ( not implying any thing or trying to ) just that this digital world is killing these company's of real fast for example Square Enix and how well they should of been doing by now unless the links under Tomb Raider & other new games are misguiding in steam.

Games have lost value as 2 month down the road most would of got the games at least 33% off so you have those people who wont buy just due tot he fact why buy now if i can get it so cheap in a month and that's not including places like GMG were sales and deals can be had already..

And were it gets stupid is i would of been more than willing to buy Hitman for $50 just just one of those games i will pay for but by time i had the money for it it was on sale for $12.50. Although i did find TR for $44 and picked that up. And lets face it $60 is a hell lot of money for a game..

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/26/s...el=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0
  19. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    You basically say the same old thing that all the people here did (magazines and other media too). Nothing new and it's not what I wanna hear. Hell, some people even find Mirror's Edge or Bayonetta stories amazing, whatever... Was it ground breaking and revolutionary? Did it have "Wow, man did you see that??!!! Nobody ever did anything like that. I've never seen anything like this before!!!!!1111one" moments? From what I've seen it didn't. That's why I wanted to learn more details about it. Saying "this game has amazing graphics and blah" doesn't mean that much. Spending money on something isn't a big deal,money come and go. Wasting time is a big deal though.
  20. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Then dont waste your time in this thread complaining about what people's thoughts were on this game :) you sound butthurt for some reason, and i dont think the people in this thread who appreciate the game in its current form really want to hear your negativity for completely unfounded reasons.
    Crap Daddy says thanks.
  21. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    For some reason every game out there has a bunch of die-hard fans and a bunch of die-hard haters. In between these two groups there is the vast majority of people who just enjoy a game for what it is. For all that I have read though, this game has only one die-hard hater and he's posting in this thread.
  22. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Well that's because it is true. It's one of those games you'll need to play yourself before you can experience it's awesomeness, I wasn't particularly hyped for the game at all so I waited for the reviews to come out before I bought it. I was skeptical and was expecting it to just be another rehash of a Bioshock game, but in the end I got so much more. The trailers and gameplay videos does the game no justice and was what made me skeptical in the first place, I barely bought it out of impulse and am thankful for it haha since I don't usually buy single player games unless it has hours and hours of content like Skyrim. Definitely an awesome start for gaming in 2013, I just hope it gets even better from here.

Yep, I had nothing to do on my day-off so pre-loaded the sucker the night before and then ended up playing it the whole day, turned out to be the best day off ever haha. Now playing through it a second time bit by bit in 1999 mode with the little time I have after work lol.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  23. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    Well i finally managed to play it an i am definitively a die hard fan. I think its amazing the world is so immersible, graphics are stunning and im assuming well optimized because even with my dated rig i can run it on very high with extremely smooth game play, ( i am only at 1680x1050 though). Just coming up to meet Elizabeth looking forward to the scene on the beach to see if she interacts as well as one of them videos makes out. All in all so far i think it was £29 quid well spent.

on High
    [​IMG]

on very High
    [​IMG]

May have to adjust the brightness because i liked the darkness of it on high settings
  24. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I'll kinda miss all the water. The water and the fact that it was under the ocean made it feel special and unique. Sure city in the sky is unique as well but it just doesn't have the same feel. I mean a city hidden under the water is different than a flying city where anyone can see it...
  25. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Your permission is not required, who are you anyway. I just wanted to learn some details about this, I didn't say I hate it. The one who got their stinking butt fraked is you and those like you because you don't like when someone disagrees with you, yeah? Everyone needs to be positive and full of asskissery about every shit you like? Nice strategy, well done.

Fair enough. But it's hard to find a really good reviews today, mostly you find just some overrated/underrated subjective reviews full of crap and fanboyism. It's hard to find something well written and objective.