1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games' started by ste2425, Mar 19, 2013.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I didn't notice mine was working either, but still turned it off. The mouse smoothing though seems to have helped a good amount.

You did read it, but you didnt bother reading anymore than this? That makes a ton of sense. Like I said, you don't seem to grasp that the mod has adjustability. You can use it to drastically darken a game or lighten it, or add and remove hues. Lets say you think the game is too dark, you can brighten it, or you think the game needs a green hue (not sure why you would think that, but it sounds up your alley) you can add that. My screens show a test setting, not a perfect setting, I've said this I think 3 times now, but you seem to think my screens are the only setting availible. It's like trying to hammer a nail through cement, lol. And this isn't even an ini profile, it's much more than that, a collection of files, you fail to grasp everything I have talked about completely :laugh:
  2. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    f12?
  3. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    A code? Now that's something I haven't heard in a long time. :laugh:
  4. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    Care to expand on that?
  5. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    Thought you were asking how to cycle thru them with one key.
  6. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    I was however mine is the steam version and I'm pretty sure f12 is the screenshot hot key. Thanks though
  7. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    Mine is Steam as well. Perhaps F12 was something else by default, but I have it as Vigor menu now...very quick to cycle thru.
  8. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yet another assumption, and I fail to see any point of your talking about sense when you're making none. Yeah I know full well any such mod would be adjustable, but what you keep glossing over is that what got this started in the first place is your claim of your already having made the game look better with it, before even trying any such adjusting, based on your talk of increased contrast and some screens you showed which really don't look any better, just different.

Seems you're now trying to divert the conversation away from that to hide the fact that, as I keep saying, you really don't know much about filters, how to use them, and what their limitations are when dealing with games that have poor light maps in the first place with unbalanced lighting.

If you can't understand that, at least get that you are droning on and becoming boring and rather dodgy. Maybe you should tinker on your own time since that seems to be how you "learn" about such things, because you're only making yourself look foolish trying to pass yourself off as an expert on graphics mods. Sounds like you haven't even gotten around to using them much, let alone understanding them.
  9. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Just started playing, everything on ultra, mega fps, and the game is giving me an insane headache -_- though the gameplay reminds me of good old arcade shooters like wolfenstein, so its pretty good. But id like the headaches to stop...
  10. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright gentleman - I think it is time to stop this "debate" now.
    Darkleoco says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Just finished it. Started playing Saturday at 10AM and finished at 1245AM Sunday. Played on Hard mode and completed all but 1 or 2 side quests. The ending baffles me a bit and I hope that is not the only ending. I chose the bird since I have no clue what the difference would have made. All settings on Ultra with AA off. Very beautiful graphics. Loved how it tied into Bioshock 1. Had to switch to easy mode to beat a couple bosses due to the crap weapons supplied and the impossibility after ALL supplies are exhausted and the boss still has half bar(switched back to hard after). Specifically Lady Comstock's ghost in the graveyard. After I beat her that time, I never needed to switch to an easy mode for that particular boss again. The only other time was the Zeppelin fight. Die, revive, die, revive, run 10 steps for cover, die, revive, die and so on. Really made me hate the devs for that. The only gun I had on me at all times and that seemed to do the most damage was the carbine. ~90% of the kills in-game was with the carbine.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  12. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    It matters a lot what vigors you use too Ducky, esp in those two spots.
  13. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I found shock and stampede vigor to be the most useful. Shock for mechanical and stampede for the infantry, though the others im sure are just as useful but this mix made me feel the safest lol
  14. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    I could just sit back and listen to this game and it would be great.

I have this song stuck in my head now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  15. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    My first playthrough is in 1999 mode. Just came across my first infusion. Health is pretty much useless, getting it back mid combat is an exercise in futility. Shield is good because it regenerates. But, I'll probably go for vigor, because in 1999 mode Vigors aren't optional, they're the cornerstone of every fight.
  16. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I'm upgrading each infusion type equally this play through and it's working out pretty good. I'm also dumping more into upgrades for various vigor and weapon upgrades, vs dumping them into just a couple of each. I'm also finding more cipher solutions and secret areas.

What I've enjoyed most so far this play through is using Firebird when a Handyman appears in a place where there's skylines. The poor guys start moaning and beg you to "come down from there". :laugh:

I hadn't realized you could do so much via just using skylines, or that a Handyman can jump up and grab them and electrify them. Hell, I didn't even know you could brake and speed up without even using the gear to aid skyline travel. It's really starting to get fun now, and I've yet to even experiment with vigor combos.

@random,
    By "stampede" vigor I assume you meant Charge, with the ram head symbol? That's one I've double upgraded because the 2nd one adds the ability to add explosive damage. I haven't tried it since upgrading though.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  17. marcosamerio

Thanks Received:
    ¿Anyone knows the name of the song of the ending credits at the begining?

Bye
  18. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:

same here, and I didn't know why, until I ran fraps.. I was having 100fps +, with max details (Except FSAA, but now it'S ON). so I've set the vsync and now I'm okay xD
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Had to do some tweaks like increase pool size to get it to stop crashing and some more tweaks to get the textures to stream quicker but aside from that game is freaking awesome!

Installed this sweet FX config and colors are a lot less bland. http://gametweaks.net/bioshock-infinite-sweetfx-hdr-smaa/

EDIT:

Can someone tell me what the default values are for the DefaultEngine.ini . Doing the below tweaks it seems my texture options are stuck on low and very low. Probably what fixed my texture pop up issue, but I can't play with low and very low.

DefaultEngine.ini can be found in your Steam folder under Steam\steamapps\common\BioShoc*k Infinite\XGame\Config
    [TextureStreaming]
    UseTextureFileCache=False // I know this should be true by default.
    TexturePoolSizeReductionMB=1500
    PoolSize=3000
    LowPCTexturePoolSizeMB=3000

or uploading their defaut.ini would help too. pLZ!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  20. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I just bumped up the PoolSize found in XEngine.ini at Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config. You shouldn't need to adjust anything but PoolSize on a card that can easily reach what you set it to. The LowPC and Reduction settings are only for lower spec. If you're using a 2GB 5870 as per your spec list though, you shouldn't be running a 3000 PoolSize. The PoolSize is in MB, so you should set it at more like 2000 at best. In fact I would set it to more like 1600 max, because there may be other graphics that VRAM is being used for besides streaming rendered textures. Keep in mind things like post effects are graphics not streamed as real time rendered textures.
  21. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    The thing is no matter what settings I change it too, the textures options only allow for low or very low. I'm trying to get that back to default atm.

In my xengine.ini I have poolsize set to 2000. I was just following someone's fix for textures streaming problems and ended up using 3000 and messing up my graphic settings.

Can someone upload a default .ini for Default engine?
  22. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    you could just delete the damn files then have steam reaquire them.
  23. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Not to mention that lesson learned, ALWAYS make a backup copy of any game file you edit.
  24. Fluffmeister

Thanks Received:
  25. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I found carbine the best weapon for everything, and dumped damn near all my points into shield with a third or so into vigor. Health wasnt much use for me.
    Spent some upgrades on devil grenade thing and got the upgrade for reduced posession cost. From then on stampede was bread and butter.