1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioshock, is there something I am missing?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ShadowFold, Dec 28, 2008.

1. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I have the anime film here and...crap it is. It's better than Heavy Metal 2000 but that's not saying much. I agree with the detail and structuring of the HL story and I like the "Episode" model Valve has been doing.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I liked it becouse it was strange and different and of course a what if and pretty much why i liked Fallout 3.

3. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I've been wanting to play Fallout 3 but my girlfriend says I have to beat a game before I can get another one, otherwords I can almost taste it!

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I finished Bioshock and it was good, not the best game ever but good. As of now i am Playing L4D and Fallout 3 tho.:)

5. red268

red268

Thanks Received:
    You come back with less health and less eve .... other games you just reload to an earlier point. Surely having less is a penalty?

The game for me was about the storyline. Listen to all the tapes. The fact that you could use WASD to move about was a bonus, I thought of it as more of a storyline which they let you walk through. Loved it.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  6. kysg New Member

Thanks Received:
    bioshock got a pretty good story. who honestly cares if you die and the penalty is a joke. Thats not the point of the game if your only argument is the aspect of dying then you some serious issues you may want to see a shrink for...

I would say it isn't the best game but it is different from some other FPS I've played.

7. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    In general, i avoid these types of games. Yes, sometimes the story is great, graphics are excellent and gameplay is good. but after you finished the game, you rarely give it a second try. Wich makes a 50$-60$ game seem like waste.

If you got it for 5$, then it's not too bad. This reminds me, i got to make a new topic.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  8. Silverel

Silverel

Thanks Received:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4-BioShock

Fun times.

I liked the game, ended up using plasmids a lot more than guns. There's a TON of em, and the game gets better as you find more and more of them. It is definitely a "in the mood" kind of game though. Once every couple of days I'll fire it up and play an hour or so. It doesn't have anything that pulls you in real deep and forces you to play through the entire thing in a sitting. I'm appreciative of that, finishing a 50$ game in a day would be disappointing to me.

Watch Zero Punctuation. It's funny and informative :D

9. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    I want to see that movie then... I didn't save the kids :laugh: wish i remembered the ending but its been awhile and i was sick:ohwell: i may just play it again while i am off of school :laugh:

EDIT: i remember now i got the bad ending i harvested the little sisters

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    CDdude55 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stalker sucked. I only played for 5 minutes.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  11. v-zero Guest

It's basically a book that comes in the form of a 3D render. It's a bit special.

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry

Thanks Received:
    I've never played it, so I don't really know. But last year I remember hearing a conversation about how Bioshock was the best game ever, and that cod4 couldn't even compare.

I insisted that Bioshock was just hyped up, and would fade into oblivion soon enough.... then I saw it for 5 bucks on steam this week..... I lol'ed... :)