1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BioStar...Reliable?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Azn Tr14dZ, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Would you buy a motherboard made by BioStar? I've heard of it, but not positive or negative, I just heard about it. I was just looking around NewEgg and I saw it. Is it reliable?
  2. markkleb Guest

Yes, very. One of my favorite MOBOs is the Biostar Tforce 939 micro mobo. I have it in my Qpack case with 2 Segates in Raid0 and a 3700+. It OCs very nice to 2750mhz.

The ATX version is even better. (but dont buy the refurbished version)

It also looks cool with UV lights.
  3. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    I purchased a Biostar mobo as a quick replacement when my asus board crapped out. It was only about $50 and has never given me a single issue. I'm not sure about overclocking because I am using value ram in it and am limited in that respect but for the money and options it was a great deal.
  4. blacktruckryder

Thanks Received:
    I have had a few Biostar motherboards and never had a problem with any of them.
  5. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    But, what if it's refurbished, would you still get it? I haven't bought anything refurbished from newegg so far.
  6. markkleb Guest

I bought lots from Newegg Refurb and it all has worked. But if you are only saving 10 or 20 bucks get the new stuff just to be safe.

Now, last night I bought a DFI SLI Expert mobo from Newegg. It was $112 (reg $179) for that its worth a chance that stuff will be missing. The biostar is $50 it probably will be missing pieces, if you dont care get it.
  7. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    So...it won't have the I/O shield, SATA cables etc. then?
  8. markkleb Guest

the first refurbished mobo I bought had everything, just like new. I bought a DFI and it came with NOTHING, not even the i/o sheild. Usually they come with some of the stuff but they may be missing the driver disk or a cable or 2. You never know.

So if ur mobo is $10 off its probably got everything but if its half off its probably missing lots.
  9. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    My Biostar mobo came with everything needed. Driver disk, manual, hardware, IDE & SATA cables.
    I agree, for the cost don’t go refurb.