1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Biostar Ta790gx 128m Owners Beware Bad Bios Update

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by madmanjohn, Jun 26, 2009.

1. madmanjohn

madmanjohn New Member

Thanks Received:
    monday i installed the 6/23/09 78DEA525.bst bios update and noticed new temprature problems in the northbridge immedieately.

tonight with the help of some of tpu's best, i found the problem and all is normal again after reinstalling the january 13 issue.

The new bios update is support for the new Phenom II and Athlon II Cpus

So if your running a original phenom, stick with the january update.

heres the kicker. i have a beckman temprature probe but the heatsink skews the reading so you dont really know what going on at the chip but in my opinion and ive been doing this for 38 years, to the touch, the temprature is the same.

its just the sensor reading thats off.

however there are no other noticable changes or settings in the newer bios that would benefit overclocking. the only thing that stood out to me was the ability to shut down one or more cores and there was some changes in the cpu settings for the II's but it didnt affect my 9850 black at all.

Thought id pass this on so that if any of you find yourself in this :banghead: situation you will know someone else has been here-done that- its a bios problem.

:toast: happy hunting.