1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black Screen

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by KapiteinKoek007, Dec 24, 2012.

1. KapiteinKoek007

Thanks Received:
    hi all, i have win8 enterprise n installed, so far, im pretty happy about it but now, whenever i boot and the loading splash screen passes then the screen goes black and won't come back on, no signal bla bla bla, right before you login... at that point it goes black.
    i've tried the build in repair options of win 8 which won't work, i've tried to boot in safe mode, but then i got an error saying failure configuring Windows Features reverting changes and then it reboots, same thing with safe mode /w networking. and in low res mode, the vga does respond but at mere basics like 640*480 & win8 can't see my gtx570... please help haha
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. KapiteinKoek007

Thanks Received:
    ALRIGHT! now after 3.5 hours of figuring out what it could be. i yanked out my 570 and put in the second slot, or first depends on how you look at it. and guess what.. it worked i can now login again and use everything.. but still what caused this ? i didnt make any gfx/mobo related changes, i left the bios like it always is. overclocked at 4.6ghz :) so... weird stuff
  3. tacosRcool

tacosRcool

Thanks Received:
    good thing you got it working!
  4. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Maybe the first pci-e slot going bad?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a chipset driver issue.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Windows 8 is trying to use the IGP I assume. Make sure its disabled in the bios and reinstall windows 8.
    Aquinus says thanks.
  7. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    +1: Sounds exactly like that to me.
    That might be a bit much, I don't think re-installing Windows is necessary, just changing your BIOS settings should do the trick.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah in windows 7 its a bit much I fully agree. However Windows 8 its a temperamental bitch. We had someone else on here (which will remained unnamed) that had the same exact issue. Only way to fix it 100% was to restore a clone of Windows 8 after the bios adjustment. You can try just adjusting the bios but it may cause issues later.

Windows 8 IMO is WAY to close to bios functions and the person I am talking about knows a LOT more about this stuff then me.
    Aquinus says thanks.
  9. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Fair enough. I would still try changing it and seeing what happens first, but you're right. My Windows 8 experience is rather limited. :eek: