1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blizzcon Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by v12dock, Oct 21, 2011.

?

Are you satisfied with the blizzcon announcements

1. Yes

43.8%
  2. No

56.3%
  1. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Thoughts, comments, excited/disappointing...

Lets hear what you have to say

2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i'm disappointed in the lack of diablo, and also with the fact that what little diablo there is, is so heavily tied to wow.

3. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Just a little fyi for everyone out there interested in Diablo 3 news.

I just installed my D2 + LoD exp again....its like crack. Anyway, I found out that the ladder is going to reset on the 25th this month. Taking into account that ladder usually lasts anywhere from 6-9 months, I'm pretty sure that after the next ladder reset occurs...if they reset it at all, Diablo 3 will be ready and out of the gates. This current ladder reset lasted 7 months. So, I figure it's going to be released between March - June. That leaves a lot of time for beta testing to work out the kinks before it hits shelves.

4. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    World of guildwars: factions >_< dont kno what to think

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    mist of pandaria looks like they are focusing on fun.

Also I think the 1 year contract is one of the smartest things blizzard has done.

6. driver66

driver66 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Subscribers of WOW for 12 months get Diablo 3 free = WIN :toast:

/sarcasm.....

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
    digibucc says thanks.
  7. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    as long as the PvP is fun im all for it, i quit doing PvE type stuff when i subbed again in June.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    That Pandaria thing to me is a joke, im sorry but it just looks like a dumbed down version of WoW with more childish characteristics. Pandas? Really? Yes, WoW does have Pandas in there but how on earth does an expansion based off of Asian architecture releate to the Warcraft setting in any way?

9. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    It's not April 1st is it?

10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I thought screw WOW, and buy your self the game and have a night out or even buy a copy for a good friend.

11. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Same here.

12 months of WOW broken down like this based on my limited knowledge...

12 x $15 = $180

If anyone renews their subscription for WOW just to get Diablo 3 for free, should be shot on sight.

BondExtreme says thanks.
  12. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    I started playing Diablo 2 again maybe a month ago. Stopped when the reset date was posted.

sc2 GSL finals starting shortly, just having filler as one of the player pc's sound isnt working. Stream is free for the matches. don't need an online ticket.

13. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  14. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    thats funny :p All seriousness tho, why not sign up for the Annual Pass? I did and have no problem with a 1 year commitment, i took a 9 month break right before Cata dropped ( started in June '11) and never really explored PvP as i was a hardcore raider during LK. That being said, I'm sure i can get my PvP fix and maybe try Firelands and 4.3 PvE content for the next 12 months. Diablo 3 is just a bonus for making a 12 month commitment @ $15 a month anyways :)

and from that $180 over a year total (w/o taxes) subtract $60 for the price of Diablo 3 and you get $120 over the next 12 months. Most ppl who seriously sign up for this Pass are dedicated players anyways, but like u said IF someone agrees to this just to get Diablo 3 its pretty silly.

Several payment options are available too, mine just dings me for $15 a month, but u can get multi-month subs too.

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    when i watched SC2HOTS preview

all i got in my head was:

epic
    awesome

repeat 100x

16. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I watched HOTS preview, and as a Master Terran player I think the new units are completely retarded. Toss needs more harrass and mainstream firepower, and they didn't get any. Tempest is a nice addition (and might swing me to play toss instead), but oracle and replicant are just fanciful units. Hellions are supposed to be fast and agile and harrass based, but they gave them armour instead. Thors are nice bulky and good now they are replacing them with something light and relatively useless (in face of a flock of mutas). The last harrass unit is completely unwarranted because Terran can harrass through effective use of reapers, hellions and banshees. This extra is just redundant. Zergs are already overpowered and now they just got ground broodlords and defilers. Really?

TvT is still a chess match, with bio thrown in for good measure. A good meching Terran will learn to get a raven and that will effectively shut down rauder offence by a good deal. Playing both styles are viable now, but with new additions I think the balance will swing to mech.

TvZ is going to be hell with the new additions, its already hard as it is to constantly pressure zerg, with the new units its going to be almost impossible to cover the marines using tank fire against banelings.

TvP is not going to change much, except toss might employ siegetanks vs terran.

PvP is going to be largely similar, 4gate/3gaterobo/variants choking up creativity for execution

PvZ looks bad right now, with new addition its going to be almost unwinnable from P's point of view.

ZvZ is not affected (infestorroachling wars, anyone?)

Now then, to WoW. I personally welcome Pandaren, because it provides some lighthearted content for a change rather than dragons and undead everywhere. I have never played WoW, so I cannot comment on how it might impact on the things, but friends playing WoW are looking forward to playing with Pandas.

Diablo 3, well, I have nothing to say about that other than "RELEASE THE GAME NOW DAMMIT".

v12dock says thanks.
  17. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I saw the end of the GSL, I feel sorry for the loser, he pretty much got cheesed on that first round. Poor MvP.

Toss needs more harass? You can make Medivacs now! You can do massive drops. I'm not sure but you can't complain toss has no harass with those Replicants. Also, I'm sure Replicants costs more than medivacs, but w/e.

That being said, yeah I don't think any race in particular is overpowered, however, I do believe that Zerg is going to extremely OP. Detection is going to be a big determinant in that match!

Playing Terran myself, I just don't see a great way to incorporate those like spinner things that automatically shut off into my army (seriously wtf). I guess I can defend against an early Zerg rush? Not sure. The hellions I guess are being adjusted for late game? Cool. Terran Mech strategy is gonna be much better now. I personally think Terran is going to get destroyed in the new update, and Zerg is going to be a powerhouse. I think I need to switch to another race.

Diablo III should be a great release, HoTS should be interesting.

18. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Me very dissapointed about this blizzcon of D3 info they mostly tod everything that was aready known mostly,good that I didnt bought virtual ticket would be a waste of money