1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Blue Liquid Cooled

Discussion in 'Case Mod Gallery' started by modsalot85, Jun 4, 2009.

1. modsalot85

modsalot85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    To view this case mod, go here.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.2Ghz, EVGA 680i SLI, Thermaltake Big Water coolant system, 1024 GB OCZ SLI Ready Dual Channel OC'd 900Mhz, XFX 9800GTX+ w/Swiftech Block, 2 X 320GB Seagate Barracudas, ULTRA Aluminus full tower case, PC Power & Cooling 610W PSU, Windows XP Pro 32-bit

VGA Block not installed yet. I will post new pics when it arrives. SLI soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  2. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks good man. And Welcome to TechPowerUp!

FYI, if your going to cool the CPU and your VGA, you really really need to get a bigger rad, other than the 120mm rad that you have. Its good for your current set-up, but in the end you will notice that your VGA block will actually ADD more HEAT to your current loop. Hell,.. I wouldn't be surprised that the stock cooler will be equivalent to the vga block installed with that rad, you might even see your CPU temps raise a bit more too. Might want to keep this in mind bro :D

3. Hunt3r

Hunt3r

Thanks Received:
    welcome techpowerUp!
    Its beautiful case

4. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Greetings from TPU!

Nice case man, It looks awesome! 8/10 ..I'm surprised you can cool the cpu and gpu on such a small rad. I like the Ultra's I built one myself. Check it out> http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2005.html My only con is your hdd's, you should flipped them around so the cable's are hidden better.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    God, I love ultra cases

6. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    HE's Not cooling the VGA ATM. He said he is going to. Personally I think he should invest in a better/bigger WC Loop before he goes to cool the VGA. If not he will end up ADDING MORE HEAT into his current loop. Bad idea to use such a small rad for cooling both the CPU and VGA. If I were him, I would atelaset add another fan to the rad on the inside of the case so that he has a push-pull set up on the rad, it will make for a little better temps on his loop. But it still wont help with the VGA cooling if he doesn't change the rad to a bigger unit.

Also your case is pretty sweet too :D

7. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    I voted 3/10 because:

I voted 3 because its a standard case, and a piece of crap water cooling kit.

Im sorry if that sounds mean but a good air cooler would have been cheaper and more effective

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't sound mean to me, its the truth. I think if he is planning on cooling the VGA, just use the current loop just for the VGA and get a bad ass heatshink for the CPU and be set. His temps will be ALOT better that way, instead of trying to cool both the CPU and VGA with that tiny ass rad.

@ modsalot85 By the way, I am not trying to knock on your rig.. It is a very sweet rig.. Im just trying to give you a heads up before you make the mistake of trying to cool your hardware with a unit that will not be sufficient enough

9. to6ko91

to6ko91

Thanks Received:
    i love the loop and the way the tubes glow + a great case ... but as other people mentioned get a bigger rad for vga+cpu setup 8/10