1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blue Screen of Death...Driver stuck in an infinite loop..Please help

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Ivanfrost, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Ivanfrost New Member

Thanks Received:
    Again thanks for all your help your replies really helped me.. and appreciate all the work you guys are doing...

I followed your instructions ... my core maxed out initially at 850+ and memory around the same...

So i tried running it at 600 800... but it was too hot (90's and slowing down the FPS)
    So i brought it down to 500 600... but the same response it was too hot... before it wasnt getting this hot. (90s) so i even tested it at its default setting 375 500 and its the same there... i started to get scared hoping i didnt do something bad to my card! i changed out drivers numerous reisntalled atitool... still the same...

So i decidied to run the max core test...
    I get a blue screen of death at around 600... (850 was the previeous.)
    And this is the error...

"Problem caused by NV4_disp"
    "The device driver got stuck in an infinate loop. This usually indicates a problem w/ device driver, programing the hardware incorrectly"

I changed out the drivers used driver cleaner and all that and still getting the same blue screen... did it fry my gpu?

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance