1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Booo my 620 didn't unlock

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, Oct 2, 2009.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    :shadedshu I should send it back for another:roll: I wanted L3

O well, but hey this thing is really zippy stock. It's not what my QX9650 was, but it's a really nice chip for 100 dollars so far. I also have not OCed it yet, as I'm still getting everything installed.....

What was funny was during my install I grabbed an old DVD-ROM, and inside as my Vista DVD that I lost about a year ago.........:banghead: I think I even threw away the case with the KEY simply because I thought I sent it out with a machine in the PC Shop.......:banghead:

My ASUS Evo board is SUPER NICE! Side port memory, and it's own instant O/S at boot!

One thing so far is that TPU GPU-OC tool says WTF to a 4200 along with GPU-Z(well I didn't get a chance to use the new GPU-Z yet)

I'll post more as I go along!

[Ion] says thanks.
  2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    awsome possumness! i think those bios OS's are cool as shit i got to work on once and i wasted time just playing with it..which is fine cause the customer payed for the work not the time.

3. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I was surprised about how much I liked the BIOS O/s. It's really basic, but for the majority of people that's all you really need.

4. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    i thought so it was pretty neat..that and i was actually really impressed with the image quality given that nothing is really loaded

DaMulta says thanks.
  5. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    So the 620 can unlock the l3? Is it a bios hack or some sort of pin mod? I've been asking around, but nobody seems to know for sure.

6. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Are you using a Asus board? I ask because I tried the Sempy 140, X2 550, and X3 720 on my Crosshair III and M3a79 Asus boards and was never able to unlock them successfully but then when I used the cheap Gigabyte 785G DDR2 board...ALL OF THEM unlocked successfully without issues and OCCT Linpack stable for atleast 8hrs. I've seen alot of reports in the Asus forums about people not able to unlock or can unlock but not stable.

DaMulta and [Ion] say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Kei

Kei

Thanks Received:
    Since you said ASUS Evo I'm wondering....did you try the Unleashed mode feature of the bios? That just may be the ticket for you to unlock whatever you're trying to do.

I just built a system using the M4A785-M EVO board and a PII 550 and noticed the option. I didn't use it yet as the system owner already has FAR more speed than he knows what to do with right now so we'll save the unlocking and upping the speed part for much later.

The board though is an awesome little board and even greater when you realize you spent $95 brand new. Everything runs nice and cool, very quiet, and very fast.

Kei

DaMulta says thanks.
  8. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    It's called Unleashed mode in bios. Some can unlock, and others not.

It could be very well this board that isn't letting it unlock.

This is the M4A785-M, and really I don't see the +++ besides little things comparing the FX board.

OzzmanFloyd120 says thanks.
  9. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Well it's loaded, just not windows stile of loaded.

10. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    well i mean the drivers cant be anything all sorts of awsome because of space and stuff so i thought it looked pretty good considering it really doesnt have anything except for what windows terms would call "basic VGA drivers"

11. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    They might be better down to machine code.