1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands 2 Kicks Off New Era of Shoot and Loot on September 18, 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Feb 22, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that Borderlands 2, the sequel to the multi-million unit selling breakout hit, Borderlands, will be available on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Windows-based PC in North America on September 18, 2012 and internationally on September 21, 2012. Currently in development by Gearbox Software, Borderlands 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed four-player cooperative shooter-looter that combined intense first-person mayhem with role-playing gameplay. In addition, fans who pre-order the title from participating retailers will receive access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, including rewarding in-game items and bonuses.

[​IMG]

Living up to the mantra “bigger, better and more badass,” Borderlands 2 features all-new characters; skills; imaginative, diverse new environments with unique missions and enemies; and more exciting and fun weapons, equipment and loot than ever before. All of these features come together in a story that takes players to the world of Pandora to take down the notorious Handsome Jack and his corrupt Hyperion Corporation as a solo campaign or with up to four cooperative players.

The addictive gameplay and shooting and looting mayhem of the first Borderlands is back and better than ever in Borderlands 2, taking the franchise to an entirely new level,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “With more guns, more enemies, more missions, an engaging story and all-new characters, Borderlands 2 promises to bring a new era to gaming this fall.”

Borderlands 2 will allow friends to play together locally via split-screen, as well as online with drop-in-drop-out capabilities. With seamless cooperative gameplay and action, Borderlands 2 is extremely accessible for gamers and their friends to play alone or together in a variety of configurations.

“Borderlands 2 is a passion project, through and through,” said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. “The result is a sequel that has improved every successful aspect of Borderlands while innovating with an all-new experience.”

Gamers who pre-order Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key and the Vault Hunter’s Relic. The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora. The Golden Key is an in-game item used to unlock a rare item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2. The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends. To pre-order Borderlands 2 please visit this page.
    Darkleoco, BlackOmega and cadaveca say thanks.
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    "Shoot and Loot".

Awesome.;)
  3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    SO can't wait for this one!!
  4. Cheeseball

Thanks Received:
    Looks like they're properly using the data they gathered in that Gearbox Labs patch for Borderlands. :)
  5. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Actually the shoot and loot concept has been done by the System Shock game years ago. Not to mention all the RPG's before it but they weren't FPS games though...
  6. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Did they just say More guns!!!:rockout:
  7. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait. Smashed all of Borderlands and the DLC with a buddy, definitely looking forward to it. Here's hope for a beta test so they can get all the kinks worked out.
  8. jaredpace

jaredpace New Member

Thanks Received:
    Borderlands is so much fun
  9. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    Looking forward to this one, let's just hope it's at least as good as the first game.
  10. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    First Borderlands got a bit stale when I played alone though, definitely need to grab a buddy.
  11. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I played through the whole main story by myself, and most of the Zombie DLC. Then I picked up a friend and made a new character, and smashed through everything. It was quite fun.
  12. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait :rockout:
  13. neko77025

neko77025

Thanks Received:
    Few Things...

First off I did not play B/L till steam had it on sale, and was one of the best games I have played in A long time. The only thing I dont like about games like this ... saves are not sever side. Its the whole Titan Quest again ( it needed its own battlenet) ... if your saves are on your comp .. ppl will cheat / dupe items ect ect.

If they just had their own severs ... this would own diablo 3, because ... yes because the diablo 3 beta SUCKs bring back the old skill trees ..( what are they thinking) ...

Long story short .. cant wait !
  14. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    Borderlands was awesome. But i just with it had more variety of enemies, weapons and missions. At alot of points the game felt repetitive.
  15. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Havent finished the first one yet lol.
  16. chaotic_uk New Member

Thanks Received:
    sooner have the new aliens game than this cell shaded crub tbh ;)
  17. gvblake22

gvblake22

Thanks Received:
    Yesssss! Is it September yet? :twitch:
    Pjokerxp_ says thanks.
  18. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I played most of it with the same 3 real-life friends. It was a true blast.

I can't wait to do it again! :)
  19. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    i found the first one kinda enjoyable the only thing that made me not want to play it was the graphic styling, i mean i understand useing that styling has a purpose but i seriosly cannt take a game seriosly when it resembles a cartoon, i remember watching the early builds or the original borderlands when they had the realistic approach, that would have been so much better. ill prob still pick it up and give it a go thought.
  20. Cheeseball

Thanks Received:
    You're not supposed to take games seriously. The point is to have fun. :rockout:
    Horrux says thanks.
  21. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Meh.
  22. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Guess you didnt like the game.

Well screw you dude, I enjoyed the first one myself.

Deus Ex, UT99/2004.

Borderlands.

COD4, BF2, GRAW.
  23. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    Can´t wait ... spent many hours on the original......
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I played BL almost as much as I did BFBC2 (< to which I have over 500Hrs)
    Crunching for Team TPU