1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands 50% off on Steam!

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Apr 3, 2010.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Offer on until Monday 10AM PDT.

I'm not linking to the game page, because it's different depending on your region. However, view the homepage you'll see the promotion on the right.

I know it's an A-rated game and I like shooters, but I've looked at this game (screenshots and reviews, not played a demo) and can't decide about it, especially as I have a ton of other games bought off Steam, which I still haven't played. All opinions on Borderlands appreciated. :)

www.steampowered.com

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I've had borderlands since day one, it's a really entertaining game. I like the art style, sound, and overall attitude of it, along with gameplay and mild humor. It's what I play when I want a break from BC2, plus it's gotta few DLC's (though the unfortunate part is the DLC costs a few bucks). For half off it's definitely worth it imo, it's a game that's meant to be laughed at, and enjoyed...and coop rocks!

:toast:

3. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    So it doesn't take itself too seriously and makes you laugh? I like the sound of that.

4. etrigan420

etrigan420

Thanks Received:
    How is it from a strictly "single player" standpoint?

5. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    Personally I think it has some great single player game play. Big world, good choice of weapons, and enemies actually get harder as the game goes on, as compared to other games where they barely do get harder. Only thing I personally thought needed to be done was make certain boss' a little harder. Lastly, also just my opinion, for the main game and Island of Dr. Ned (Zed? can't remember which is which), the endings were kind of anti-climactic.

etrigan420 says thanks.
  6. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like it, quite a bit. It's original thats for sure.

7. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Most of my time has been in single player, and I really enjoy it. Since it's got the levelling system, enemies get harder, have more powerful weapons and such as you do, so that can add to the challenge. But, I do agree on the bosses, I've yet to play thru to the ending, as I said this is my side-game to BC2 atm. I've played this game on and off since last october, and so far it's been worth every damn penny. I even snagged the first dlc dr. zed/ned(?), I heard the 2nd dlc was kinda lame, but the 3rd...the armory one rocks. But at 9.95 + the original game would probably be what I'd do with current prices. The main game already gives you a lot to see, do and kill, and the armory is supposed to be a pretty large dlc too fwir.

I'm kinda glad they didn't go with the more realistic graphics...it looked like a Fallout 3 clone before they went with the concept style. Fallout 3 is good, but for me, Borderlands is more enjoyable.

:toast:

8. richjordan255

richjordan255 New Member

Thanks Received:
    just picked up off steam very impressed been playing it most the morning