1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands GOTY - couple of graphics problems, help needed please :)

Discussion in 'Games' started by LifeOnMars, Aug 27, 2011.

1. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just bought Borderlands GOTY off Steam. Game is running on max settings with MLAA and is very smooth but I seem to have a couple of graphical abnormalities happening and wondered if anyone could help find a solution.

First off, this occurs when I use the machine gun at the start (not with any other gun), almost looks like I have fiddled with the FOV but I haven't and it's a bit annoying. I'm playing in 1680x1050 16:10 resolution. I tried it in a 4:3 ratio res and this does not occur so I'm hoping someone knows a quick fix. Notice the clipping of the arm at the bottom.

[​IMG]

And then the Moon/Sun keeps distorting into this shape....is this normal in the game?

[​IMG]

Any solutions to these two probs would be much appreciated as other than these minor things, the game looks great so far :)

Thanks.

2. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps you should change the FOV. Google the Borderlands Config Editor and give it a go.

Yes the moon is supposed to look like that because its trying to look like the sun is way off to the right and you are seeing the dark side of the moon (or not seeing? Possibly because its so bright and the atmosphere is dusty).

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  3. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I tried the editor, still no change with an altered FOV but at least I could add a couple of graphical extras and turn off mouse smoothing :)

Would like to ideally fix the arm clipping though TBH, anyone else have any ideas?

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, try the FXAA trick instead. I tried it, got great visual results and had no issues at all.

LifeOnMars says thanks.