1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands the game

Discussion in 'Games' started by MKmods, Oct 8, 2009.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Finally got MP to work, and it was a ton of fun. But wow does the game become exponentially harder or what! Me and him died so many times, then the instant he left the game I was just mopping the floor with the things that were killing us. So now the real question is, how do I respec? After seeing how tough just 2 people is, I think I'm going to go full blown medic, and just heal bot the crap out of everything.

2. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    congrats on getting it to work...I got to Lvl 10 last night but had to disassemble my comp. So im staring over (hopefully it gets easier the second time)

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  3. Meltdown New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks fixed must had my eyes closed to mutch borderlands:roll:

4. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah. I just got though about an hour and a half long session. I really like this game. It started out kind of slow, but once I got into Skag Valley where there were some animals that were actually a challenge it got a lot more fun. I'm also liking how it's really balanced between an action fps and a fpsrpg or whatever. Anyways I tried multiplayed but was confused so I figured I start on a campaign. If you want to add me the name is SoylentJoe :3

5. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    has anyone had any glitches on mission objectives?

6. Meltdown New Member

Thanks Received:
    No glitches of any kind for me, but i am on single player for now on level 16 all good

7. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    you might face map marker glitches on scavenger quests. i did:cry:

8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i'll have the game tonight. yay me.

9. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Enjoy man! I just got done doing a couple of quick missions, only at lv7, haven't had too much time to play yet...but so far I love it. A very entertaining game, and the loot is nice..not having to worry about buying ammo, I haven't attained any amazing weapons yet...a couple of low level greens is about it, but none-the-less, still having a blast.

10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Just wait, my soldier is only level 14 and once I headed to do kill raging roid psycho I ran out of ammo numerous times and had to go back and buy some.

11. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    This game will unlock in approximately 21 hours.... come on......

12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    preload! :D

13. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh it was a standard story drop i just got it myself. you didn't find it in a bin or anything.

14. Meltdown New Member

Thanks Received:
    MKmods says thanks.
  15. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I am slowly coming around to liking the game (level 13 now I think). I still am not liking how the visuals screw with my brain but it could be because I am using a 12+ year old 17" CRT.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just completed my first passthrough @ lvl 36. This game is and was so enjoyable. Going to get Lilith to this point even if my friend and I can't connect for online co-op.

Def going through it a second time so I can't hit 50 on mord....he's worth it.

17. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys are excited about this game. Makes me wanna play it badly.

What's so fun about it? Just the run n gun shooting? The opposition? The weapons?

18. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Since I'm on my phone, I'll give you the short answer. Everything. Every component of this game works extremely well, minus a few glitches here and there, and some nitpicky things that would make some things easier. I will be very surprised if this doesn't win Game of the Year.

shevanel says thanks.
  19. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well DD when you said you played this for 8 hours for the first time in a long time I could relate. I am totally ADD and if I'm not on aderal then I can only play a game for 45-60 minutes, and that was like GRID. the last game I played that was for longer than a couple hours was Fortress Forever and Bionic Commando.

20. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    No, I definitely got it in a bin, then I got one later. Just recently I got a rapid fire alien weapon, and one of the heavy blasters with a really fast recharge rate. LvL 48

21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Why cant you play with your friends. I will offer some advice that no one seemed to have before, if your having issues. These are the ports that need to be forwarded

3783 (Voice Chat Port)
    27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
    28900 (Master Server List Request)
    29900 (GP Connection Manager)
    29901 (GP Search Manager)
    13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
    6515 (Dplay UDP)
    6500 (Query Port)

Go to http://portforward.com/ then find your router, set a static IP address, then configure your router to allow those ports to be forwarded, remember to click the "Enable" box to the right hand side of the ports after you enter their info, or they won't be activated. Then you can either add exceptions to your Windows Firewall, or turn it off when you game, I'm lazy so I just turned mine off. Taking all these steps helped me to finally get MP working, and I ran over to my friends and did it for him so he can host, all working great now.

It's just a flat out good game. I was worried about cartoony graphics, but honestly buildings and weapons look just like Fallout styled. Characters do (except Brick since he has a skewed body) from a distance, and actually once you see how they intro characters, its hard to see it done in just real like images. The look really adds grit to the game, gives it some attitude.

Then the combat is a lot of fun, Skags are a bit annoying since they dont all spawn at once, but the rest of the mobs are smart (they will run to high up buildings and fire at you through windows), and cool mobs. The classes are pretty cool, and team play is a ton of fun. And that last parts the big one, outside of MMO's there hasn't be a small number co-op type game that has been this fun since I would say D2. The game was great on SP, but when I MP'd with my friend it was a ton of fun, it helped me figure out my spec, now I should be master combat healer, once Marine gets his game today he's gonna be Brick tank and we will have a mean team.

MKmods and shevanel say thanks.
  22. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't have any friends (that play PC games) can I join co-op servers with people in progress?

23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you can browse through other peoples hosted public games, it will show you their levels and what missions they are on.

shevanel says thanks.
  24. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like an awesome game. I'll surely pick this up when I am able.

25. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    now that the game is out in my opinion the game already needs a update/fix for most things. for example....make it easier for me to join a friends server without me having the change ports