1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands the game

Discussion in 'Games' started by MKmods, Oct 8, 2009.

1. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

i think this game recycles weapons lol. this is the same pearlscent weapon I had before. thing is now, since i have pistol to 50, it is a great gun on mord. it's hits for 500 each tic and has a HUGE magazine! crits for 2k. pretty insane.
    DanishDevil says thanks.
  2. CarneASADA

CarneASADA

Thanks Received:
    some nice weapons there...

i personally...
    haven't found squat for weapons...

i think ZEN and I are going to play some CO-OP later...

when in lobby... add friend .... sanBENdaHOE (must be on at same time for it to accept)
    then we can invite to join..

also.. my msn is over on the left...
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i found the same SMG twice - it was exactly the same, except one was level 19 with a 28 round mag, and another was level 25 with a 48 round mag.

even if you get lookalikes, there are often changes in stats based on your level :)
  4. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I really like this game, it has kept me interested since I got it (really hard for games to do) I cant wait till I finish my comp so I can play proper (AMD X2 4200, 1 gig of mem and a single 9800gt is struggling a bit at 1920 X 1200).

I try to get at least a Lvl a day (I think I am at 25 now, which is a miracle for me)

I made my own game a few nights ago an it was really easy and fun, People jumped in and left and new people jumped in.

Being able to chat and play with friends would make it even better to me (I talk a lot) so I am hoping to figure the mic thing soon.
  5. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes you come across teh same gun multiple times over the course of your 2 play throughs wit hdifferent stats. the pearlsnt weapon i have is the same as the one i got before...same as one pictured on google and the borderlands wiki. that one specifically was the same both times. i know for a fact.
  6. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Guys whats the best way to lvl up during the first half of the game? Are the side missions the best way to gain exp?
  7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    main quest til you cant main quest anymore, then go back and do all the side missions in one big hit.
  8. Meltdown New Member

Thanks Received:
    Side missions will help but on your way to the side mission kill the bugs. My bro and I were messing around with the bugs in rust common east and they dish out some nice skill artifacts lvl 3, that’s what my bro was looking for and I lvl up two times. My bro had to be the one to kill the daddy bug so the skill artifacts was for his character. injoy shot guns work good on the bugs:toast:
    MKmods says thanks.
  9. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Holy bat, shitman! That's mondo damage values on that gun. The highest I've ever seen was 131 on a Crimson repeater.

Side quests (note the difficulty before attempting them although you should always accept them all). The more side quests you do, the easier the main quest will be. Beware the the acid crystal shock cave is very difficult, as is the final round of the second tournament. The rest of them are relatively easy.

I used my thumper on them and it worked great even on a BadMutha/Badass, you just need room to back pedal. They apparently don't have much health so any weapon that does a lot of damage and is semi-accurate will work. Tips say they are vulnerable to incidiary weapons as well as grenades.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    If you get the mic figured out let me know, I havent even looked into it, but just a brief glance I don't even see any mic things on any menus. :confused:
    MKmods says thanks.
  11. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Mine auto sensed that it was plugged in, and no push to talk all senses when you talk.
    MKmods says thanks.
  12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    So if you have a mic hooked up, it just runs auto?
  13. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Both mine and my room mates do it. I turned it off in the ini's because we usually use Ventrilo. But yes it autosensed it.
    MKmods says thanks.
  14. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn’t know the mic worked auto till I ripped one a few days into leveling Lilith with my friend. He asked me what that was (thinking he was talking about something else and not knowing he could hear me) and I started explaining shooting barrels and the damage they did based on what color they were. He started cracking up and asked if my ass was a red barrel cuz he definitely heard and explosion.
    Kenshai and MKmods say thanks.
  15. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:
    I usually just use games to show others what the dif between GPUs is like. So I never have messed with mic settings (except in CSS) this one looks different so I went out and picked up a mic.

But this game looks like it would be especially cool to chat in (you go there, Il go here etc)

I am crazy busy doing my comp this week (mod contest 16th) but once done I will be figuring how to set up the mic and enjoy the game (so dont get bored in the mean time, lol)
    LOL, so easy even I could do it?
  16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Just tried it, mic plugged in, worked first shot. Anyone know where steam saves weapon screenshots? I just got a rocket launcher that has 1700 damage :D Need to show that bad boy off.
  17. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Documents/My Games/Borderlands/WillowGame/Screenshots

I found a 60% health boost shield for Lilith :)
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  18. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    DD I found another Pearlescent gun.

This one suits Mord really well when you have lethal strike slotted. It crit for 3,890 and even 2 shot (melee) a superbad desperado.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mussels and DanishDevil say thanks.
  19. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes i know i'm obnoxious and yes i still love and play the shit out of this game.

i just stumbled upon this awesome app that someone made for the game.
    http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=85874

without having to go into your game folder this does everything you'd need to tweak the game. i am stoked because i love windowed gaming over full screen becasue i hate alt tabbing to get to my desktop this app gives you a checkbox to go windowed.

I have to point out one thing about the FOV changing. lol 200 is ridic and flips you upside down. I have fov set to 110 and it's super fisheye. makes me feel like i am on drugs. but it's kind of dope way to play the game. makes zooming in more fun.

a third person toggle that makes aiming tough and is fun to mess with.

can't wait for this dlc even if its just a silly PvE game i still love it!
    Ahhzz, 1Kurgan1, Kenshai and 2 others say thanks.
  20. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    very cool. thanks
  21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Been meaning to post this bad boy up for a while, it's quiet mean even though I am now 44.

[​IMG]
  22. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    what kind of upfront damage does that thing do? i want #'s damn it! actually you should just send me your save game file so i can have it! come on! i will give you my farm friendly mordecai file that has an assload of good weapons!
  23. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Damn, that thing is insane.
  24. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    What benefit does "Monster Kill!" have? The damage on it is insanely high and 4 shots is also high.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received: