Discussion in 'Games' started by MKmods, Oct 8, 2009.
It has been out on Steam for like 2 weeks at least.
I think there is some confusion.
There is a new, new DLC:
Like the previous DLC, it seems to be delayed for PC. Joy.
Cool I did not know that. I will click on that when I am somewhere that doesn't give me a "Access Denied, do some work damnit" message.
Anyone willing to email me a saved game (PC version) of a lvl 50? I had some sort of cascade power spike that killed all of my rigs (talked about it in the crunching forum). Got my i7 rig back up, I love borderlands but I really don't want to lvl a char back up. I had a lvl 50 roland, lilith and mordecai. If anyone wants to help leave me a PM and I'll shoot you my email.
I really appreciate it.
Moxxie DLC sucks. For those who haven't played it, it is broken down into maps, rounds, and waves:
-There are three maps (don't remember the names) with two modes (5 round and 20 round).
-Each round consists of five waves:
1) Starter (assorted basic enemies)
2) Gun (bandits and lancers)
3) Horde (midget, burning, normal, and badass psychos)
4) BadAss (BadAss level enemies make an appearance here on later rounds but up to four, generally not)
5) Boss (rematch a previous boss with a few accompanying goons or, in the case of Nine Toes, Skags)
That's all fine and dandy. There are four problems though:
1) It gets very, very boring having to do the same crap over and over and over 25 + 25 + 25 + 100 + 100 + 100 + ? times. That's right, at bare minimum, you're going to see the those waves cycle at least 375 times. Ridiculous, right?
2) If you (and all your companions) die, you'd think you would just restart your current wave, right? Wrong. Well then, restart the group? Wrong. You restart at the last group at the beginning. For example, you are on Round 5, Wave 5 (Boss) and you all die. Instead of starting at Wave 5 or Round 5, you start at Round 4, Wave 1 (Starter). That means you not only have to replay all the progress you made on your original group but you also have to replay the last group. It makes no sense what-so-ever. If that wasn't bad enough, it gets worse...
3) There is no saving, at any point, during these rounds. If you lose power, you are back to Round 1, Wave 1. If your co-players have to leave during this tournament and you exit to the Underdome, you are back to Round 1, Wave 1. If it is past your bed time and you have to stop, you are back to Round 1, Wave 1. In other words, if you want to finish one of the tournaments (5 or 20 rounds) you have to do it all in one go--there is no stopping and coming back to it: plan a whole day.
4) The loot/rewards hardly justify pumping so much time in to it. It's almost like they want you to never finish it--just keep playing to pick up the few goodies at the end. Well, reality check, you can get more, better loot just by playing the game and not messing with Moxxie at all. Not to mention, my level 50 character only has 39 backpack slots but, at bare minimum, you will encounter no less than 60 goods to pick up during the 20 round event. There is no way for a single character to hold them all and no way to unload those you do have.
I would not recommend buying this DLC. It is beyond ridiculous--approaching insanity. Only the bank is really useful (with purchase of an upgrade, it will hold 39 items for me--matches inventory count).
Many other people on the Gearbox forum had the same complaints as you, GT90. I got the barely worth it Zombie Island DLC, but I think I'll pass on Moxxie DLC. Thanks for the insight.
Ouch, sounds pretty dumb. I played it for about 5 minutes (testing) and noticed that the sound of the crowd in the background was a constant loop. This screams minimum effort to me.
One you are missing some Claptrap upgrades. At 50 you have gone through the game twice and you seem to have missed 2 claptraps.
Does the bank on work at Moxi's or does the bank appear everywhere?
I got all the claptrap upgrades I encountered. The claptraps I run into now often don't have any reward at all.
You can fast travel to the Underdome to access the bank. It only appears at the Underdome.
I didn't know there was new DLC, I was pretty dissapointed with the Dr. Ned content. I really liked how it looked, the art style lended itself to that perfectly, but then they shorted it on content which made me very sad.
I hoping for some CrossFire and AA support soon. Hopefully this new CrossFire profile with CCC will help with this game. I tend to play this game for a few hours then put it away for a couple weeks.
Started again with the lass. Wish i had used her from the start, she's easily the best.
Only issue is that when she gets hit, it sounds like im watching a porno... lol.
Level 12 in 1:30 hours.
Dr. Ned was alright, Moxxie is an epic fail.
AA support would be great.... I wonder if we will ever get it...
On Steam w/ ATI you can't even rename the executable to UT3 to force AA through CCC.
You basically have to resort to using a crack in order to have a UT3.exe so you can force AA. -_-
You start with 12 slots. With all the upgrades, you get +30, so you should have 42 slots from the first playthrough. I don't know about the expansions and I think the second playthrough getting them or a grenade mod is random, leaning toward the grenade mod.
Claptrap Rescue: Sledge's Safe House
Claptrap Rescue: The Lost Cave
Claptrap Rescue: New Haven
Claptrap Rescue: Tetanus Warren
Claptrap Rescue: Earl's Scrapyard
Claptrap Rescue: Krom's Canyon
Claptrap Rescue: Trash Coast
Claptrap Rescue: Old Haven
Claptrap Rescue: The Salt Flats
Claptrap Rescue: Crimson Fastness
New Haven is the one most people overlook.
why not set yourself up with 9,999 slots and never worry about space again?
Oh, I didn't get the one at Earl's Scrapyard. I never bothered to go on that left-tangent.
Both me and a buddy of mine missed that one too!
I play games with the game's rules. I would consider that cheating a little.
And I am glad you found it now.
What a good little boyscout .
If the game had any competitive edge or any meaning other than being a worthless steaming pile of single player repetition, I wouldn't have done anything to my 4 max leveled characters. Also, when both DLCs are pretty pointless and not worth the money...you find ways to bring a gleaming moment of life back into a dead and gone game.
Game is only dead and gone for you. Me and mine still enjoy getting together for some group mayhem. Yes it is repetitive and fairly pointless, but it is fun as hell with friends a group of 4.
And I follow that rule about all games regardless. No cheats, no strategy guides, no using exploits (FF7 being an exception), and only pulling out the console to correct obvious errors. Not being a boyscout, I just don't enjoy games where I have an unfair advantage because it makes playing the game pointless. Which is why Fable, for me, was the absolute worst game of all time.
Im now at lvl 27 with my first character, and i really like this game. I think that th a.i. Is really good in this game. Especially when youre fighting BIG enemies like badass (elemental) skags and spiderants. But anyone noticed some strange fps drops at some points? Like a point at headstone mine. Then my fps drop to 50-! Normally i have the capped 62 fps. And a thing i dont like is that the higher level you get, you get less exp for the same enemy.
Was the frame rate drop noticeable for a reason other than you had something like FRAPs on?
And of course you get less EXP for killing the same enemy at higher levels. That is normal for every RPG or game with RPG elements ever. You want more EXP, kill stuff higher than your current level. If you can't find stuff like that, move the plot forward or play with some people online. The more people, the tougher enemies, the more EXP.
By the way, I think one of the DLCs allowed me to keep raising weapon proficiencies after level 50. My pistol is to like 27 and my sniper rifle is to 28. For sure sniper rifle was stuck at 23 until after I installed the DLCs.
And seriously, couldn't they have made the end guy harder? All you gotta do is camp out behind one of those pillars.
I apparently didn't get the one at Trash Coast either. I got them both now (Playthrough 2) but all I got for a reward was crappy grenade mods (I pick up much better mods off of dead foes).
yes the framedrops were noticable. it made the game pretty unplayable. but when i zoom or look down the sight i have the 62 fps again... the places i encountered the framedrops were:
the place at headstone mine where that turret is (the center of it).
when you come from skag gully into arid badlands
and somewhere in crazy earl´s scrapyard.
but on other places its all at the capped fps.
btw: can you uncap this game?
Separate names with a comma.