1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands the game

Discussion in 'Games' started by MKmods, Oct 8, 2009.

1. John Phoenix New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need to know something. I am on my first single player playthrough, on Jacobs Cove now, finished the vault quest.. I was surprised the game let me keep playing instead of ending. So i finished a lot more quest and cound not fins any active bounty boards.. so i started on the DLC.. what will happen when all the DLC and all the challenges are done? Will the game end? How can you keep playing with no quests? Is there a way?

2. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    mate game wont end because there will be more DLC's later in this or next year.

3. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I have played through most of the DLC3 - General Knoxxx and it was great. It was much closer to what I wanted from the game. Fun, goofy characters, larger sprawling areas, a reason to actual use a vehicle, and a decent challenge. I will now grind out Moxi because I wanted the bank and I will check on the Zombie Island later.

4. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive been playing for a few weeks off and on now. I have to say this is one of the funner single players Ive played in a while. There is soooo much to do and see. Just hit level 30 Soldier.

5. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I dunno about that. They may have stopped working on Borderlands and moved on to Borderlands II.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    I actually have 2 lvl 61 characters :) mordecai and roland. Both beat game and DLC 3. I will start a siren once im back from my long vacation.

7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I am now on a quest to upgrade my weapons to better levels to take on Crawmerax the Invincible.

8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    There's two problems with the Crawmerax:
    1) Little Crawmerax's keep harrassing you and they're harder to kill than the big one.
    2) It is very hard to hit the Crawmerax where it hurts.

The only good thing is that the one sniper bullet in the the places it is weak is all it takes to destroy it. The problem is, those spots are very hard to hit while being harrassed. Put pretty simply, you need more than one player to pull it off. It's not a one-person job.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    There will be 3 of us. Soldier, Hunter, and Siren (me). I did the scouting for weaknesses already. We are going to get the game plan together and kick his ass Tuesday. I save the second raid on GK's store house just for us to get new weapons for the job.

Plan so far:

*Drop off unneeded weapons and everything else in Bank at Moxi's. (They used my game to level up, so their stockpile is crap and 2 or 3 good guns).

*Do my second raid on GK's storehouse to get new, rare, and/or awesome weapons.

*Practice Teamwork in Moxi's Arena.

*Kill Crawmerax (Shoot glowing spots, they distract, I sneak around in Phase and shoot big back spot. They take on claw spots, while he taunts when i destroy back. Finish off with head/eye shots)

Armored Wurms = Corrosive weapon
    Crawmerax = Shock or High rate of fire weapons (abuse daze effect)
    Green Wurms = Fire
    White Wurms = Not sure about this, but I swear melee and none elemental damage seems to work best for some reason

My loadout:

V. Crux Shotty (Bring out your dead..) @ lvl. 52
    Hellfire SMG (We don't need no water...) @ lvl. 55
    Pearl Brutal Revolver (name not rarity) @ lvl. 60 (978 damage with 2.1 fire rate)
    Double Anarchy @ lvl. 57 (178 x 4, 84 round clip, 10.8 fire rate)

*I am hoping to get this gun called "The Chopper" to replace the Pearl Revolver.

10. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I can tell you right now, the key is to triangulate it. Get as far away from each other as possible so when it goes to own one of you, the other two get easy shots at at it. But basically, you only got like 4 minutes to put it down.

I was at level 60 and I think the Crawermax was at level 64.

I doubt Moxi would be of any use for teamwork. It's one massive target compared to many weak ones.

FYI, the places where it takes damage is a huge strip on the back and then I think 4 small strips on the legs. None of which can be hit while it is attacking you. Only a flank can kill it. Mind you, those spots are pretty weak, but hard to hit.

As far as I could tell, shooting anything except those spots did nothing to it.

I could haul all the loot out by myself in like 3 trips. You should have no problem picking it all up with the three of you. If you can't fit it all, you can go use the elevator, sell the cheap junk, and run back and grab more. It WILL disappear given enough time so it's best that you all pick it all up in order from valuable to cheap and decide who gets what after it's all collected/sold.

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Picked this up---Lvl 23 Mordecai currently. I'm having a ton of fun with it; haven't played it MP style yet. Add DonInKansas if you're on and wanna.

12. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Did I say teamwork. That is what I told them, sorry. I meant practice them doing what I tell them.

13. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I somewhere read info about DLC's that there will be more, but maybe it was old info and it was just rumors.But anyway I am looking forward for BL2 or new DLC's if any will be :)This anyway this year will be tought for me because i preodered so many games, not sure i gonna finish em till BL2 :D

14. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Well the DLCs helped me put BFBC2 down for a while. I needed a distraction.

15. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    OK how do you get level 55 in this game?

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    All you gotta do is go get your murder on, and we will all pretend no body saw nothin'.

DLC3 General Knoxxx changes the max level to 61, adds in new vehicles, mods, weapons, enemies, etc. Just play it as all the enemies start at level 54, when you were capped at 50 and stay ahead of you in rank till 60, so you always get more points than the base game.

17. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Well only DLC i have is zombie island and im a lvl 50 but im getting weapons that are for lvl 52-54. so my question is, why would they put that in the game when you cannot get past lvl 50 to use them until you buy and expansion?

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. gvblake22

gvblake22

Thanks Received:
    Exactly! The new, higher level weapon drops were introduced to the core game with the new patch, not the expansion. They want to try and entice you to buy the General Knoxx expansion. Like the carrot dangled in front of you but just out of reach. I would have to say that General Knoxx is the best DLC so far (with Zombie Island coming in at number two) so it's worth it if you've got an extra $10 burning a hole in your pocket.

19. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    When i get an extra 10$ i will probly just buy the knoxx DLC but for now i will just finish the zombie island with my hunter

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
  21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    That's a DLC!?! I thought that was a lead-in for Borderlands 2 and I thought they were done with DLCs for Borderlands.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did anyone know that this game has a benchmark? Just create a shortcut and add
    timedemo1_p -benchmark -seconds=60 -novsync

Hmm, I'll try 120 seconds and see if that works. You can find the file called benchmark.log in My Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Logs

Edit: 60 seconds is the limit. Beyond that you stare at a wall.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  23. gvblake22

gvblake22

Thanks Received:
    I did not know that, thanks for the tip!

Anyone planning on getting the new DLC?

24. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope, but I'll have to check that out.

In other news, if you loved Borderlands (like me), check this out:
    http://kotaku.com/5633822/its-a-topsy turvy-world-because-firefall-is-going-to-be-free

Looks awesome, and I just found out it will be free 2 player. Also, supposedly the microtransaction items will not cause imbalance.... supposedly.... :wtf:

DanishDevil and Radical_Edward say thanks.
  25. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Wow same art style as Borderlands and free? What is not good about that? :eek: