1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands the game

Discussion in 'Games' started by MKmods, Oct 8, 2009.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Meh, hope they enjoy SP, thats not what I got this game for.

Games not quiet out yet, less than 2 hours to go :banghead:
  2. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Dudes it was so hard to explain to my mum to concept of steam as a platform, and pre-loading game files so I can play it the instant it's released internationally (3am local time)

The look she gave me was priceless, you know the one I mean.
  3. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Just tell her its like getting a Christmas present in July, no matter how bad you want to open it, you just can't. The present you could, but in this case its impossible.
  4. wolf

Thanks Received:
    Believe me when I say I tried, she ended with a very non convincing 'oh' and just looked away :laugh:
  5. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    another friend of mine (who didn't bother telling me he was buying it on the PC) already has it installed and is exploring! Fucking Steam! Let us play already! I paid for this game in full 3 weeks ago! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
  6. wolf

Thanks Received:
    It's such a kick in the nuts to steam users that they broke the street date.

It makes me a sad panda :(
  7. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    naw he gott a legit copy from gamestop at 10am. no street date broken on his front.
    wolf says thanks.
  8. wolf

Thanks Received:
    Dang, I heard it was sold here (Australia) on like Thursday, but it may have been the console version only.
  9. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess from this point on I just have to cross my fingers and hope my friend from the UK can join me so he and I can play together. Otherwise I will have waited 4 extra days to play for nothing!
  10. wolf

Thanks Received:
    What country are you in, I'll be playing as soon as it's ready but only with 2 others, we could use a 4th, but no offense - only if the ping is tolerable.
  11. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    US and yeah I am almost positive ping will be an underlying issue…
  12. wolf

Thanks Received:
    Dang sorry, were all in the same city.
  13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    They actually sold console versions last Tuesday, they were to release 1 week ahead of PC's :(
    wolf says thanks.
  14. TricksterMatt

TricksterMatt

Thanks Received:
    What's the dfference between if i get this game on steam and the game in the boxed version? Cause I have already pre-ordered this for PC and its coming on Friday to my house, will the online playing be shared with people who brought it for steam? So if i didnt buy it on steam and brought it from online or retail store, will i be playing online with people who brought it for steam?
  15. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    You should be able to.
  16. wolf

Thanks Received:
    uhhhh.... guys.....

My steam is saying, This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 6 hours....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  17. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Reload the page?
  18. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah it was always coming out in the UK ans AUS on the 30th
  19. wolf

Thanks Received:
    Im pretty cut right now, and incredibly awake for 3am.

tbh I wasn't really following it myself, I was relying on the other guys that went in on the 4 pack to know that.

oh well, if i cant do anything it's not worth my rage.

Ima go force lightening some disciples of Ragnos.
  20. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't feel too bad wolf, it's 12:02 and the game is still unavailable to play in the US via Steam. My timer still says 1 hour. I keep reading various reports both on the Steam and Gearbox forums that the game won't be out till 3pm PST.
    wolf says thanks.
  21. wolf

Thanks Received:
    Well maybe getting it 3 days late will be better for game enjoyment, in terms of bug fixes and what nottery.
  22. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol lets hope so...i've also read that liliths assassin tree is bugged in the later and that phase strike doesn't do anything above normal melee dmg on the consoles. i hope that got fixed for the PC release.
  23. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unlocking Game Files Nao! Gogogogo Usa Gamers!!!!
  24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I got your pm, whats unlocking mean? I figured the game would either work or not work, do they have some sort of inbetween step?
  25. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    If you guys can't get it to launch "game is not available" then restart steam and you should be good to go.

Loading up now!
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.