1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Borderlands the game

Discussion in 'Games' started by MKmods, Oct 8, 2009.

1. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Indeed. I need to invite you to one of our sessions Binge. Add me to your friend list in the game and Steam friend list.

Boarderlands: johnny5iive
    Steam: laodisso

Hell, all of you add me. :D

:rockout::rockout::rockout:
  2. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I’m so used to games sucking with the ambivalence of vacuums. I am so pleasantly surprised at how good Borderlands is. If it doesn’t get game of the year I will be even more surprised. Lvl 21 in a day isn’t bad. And replayability…I’ve missed stuff I know it. Totally going through it 3 more times once more with Roland and Twice with Lilith!

I really do not praise games like this...like ever. The lack of originality that devs are pushing out these days really never makes me go ooooooooooooooh and ahhhhhhhhh.
    So take my feelings with a grain of salt if you wish. This is a good damn game!

Only thing left to say is that I haven't stayed up past 2:30am playing a game since Resident Evil Nemesis. Yeahhhhhh son!
  3. cyriene

cyriene New Member

Thanks Received:
    How does the game scale in crossfire? My 4870 doesn't seem to cut it at 1920x1200 max settings so I was thinking maybe I need another...
  4. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    I know exactly what you mean lemode. I'm on level 6 so i havent played much but I am enjoying the game quite a bit. AION kept me up until the wee hours of the night and I am still loving that game very much even though I'm leveling slowly (21 Sorc). I used to be a hardcore action FPS gamer for many years. Quake series, Unreal series, Half Life series/CS/TF2/L4D, etc. I'm really starting to like RPG's, and with FPS combined, Boarderlands is perfect for my preferred style of play. :rockout:
  5. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I tried to play for a "little while" to get use to the controls and stuff; then I ended up playing for 6 hours til 5 a.m. I really like it. It is Fallout 3 with less depression, more guns, and more character.

Favorite thing. Watching Claptrap do the whole "oh my god, I'm dying" over the top acting.
  6. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Hah, such a fun time waster this game is.
  7. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    this game is awesome really gonna enjoy it ...... any way to enable antialiasing ?? also where to find difficulty selection its on normal now and seems very easy.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Must scale really well then. I'm running an Athlon II 240 only at 3.0ghz and a 4870x2 and I'm playing at 1920x1200 all maxed out and it's playing amazingly well, and your proc will crush mine, so game must be very GPU dependent.
  9. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    this game was optimized for nvidia cards. i put my 4890 in my old phenom x3 2.1 rig then tested my 250 and the 250 ran borderlands a lot smoother.
    MKmods says thanks.
  10. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    sweet, Il remove my 4770s and put the 9800GTs in for fun....

Later on today I will check the #'s for both.
  11. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Well I started playing the game today, and got to level 18 in one sitting with 2 friends... really really fun hey.

It kind of reminds me of WOW in this weird kind of way (never played myself, seen many friends play) but OH so much more fun, as it's a first person shooter :D I hate games where you HAVE to use magic crap or fantasy melee weapons, guns ftw.

can't wait to go back tomorrow and LAN it up some more :D
  12. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

I won't feel guilty for showing this awesome random loot drop I found @ lvl 2 on Mordecai. I like and hate this random gun generator...mainly becasue I didn't find anything purple randomly on Roland all day yesterday :mad: ! Mord is more my playstyle anyway so I doubt I will level Roland any further.
  13. wolf

Thanks Received:
    Jesus Christ, I bet people just explode with 1 shot from that revolver, I seen it with my own eyes :D
  14. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    2 shots for baddies with shields and 1 for no shields [edit] its 1 shot most of the time at close range i guess i am shitbox and clunky and miss lolz
  15. wolf

Thanks Received:
    I haven't yet come across a really good revolver like that with more than 2 shots per clip...

speaking of which I'm up to 12 shots in a clip in my sniper rifle, that makes me happy :)
  16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I cant connect to a friends game and he cant connect to mine, we just time out, any ideas here?

Try using a Repeater, those things own.
    wolf says thanks.
  17. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    private games will be hard for people with low pings. you get constant time outs etc.
  18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    We cant even connect, just times out, and my friend lives like 4 miles away from me and we both have 1.8mb/s upload and 11mb/s dl.
  19. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Open the ports you need to? Check above for MkMod's post and the linked post from another forum.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  20. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    I got ya beat on a later level item, but damn that's special. The shotty I found is a 11x58 damage with knockback, 105% damage increase, 150% additional melee, and +10,000% spread
  21. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds awesome...but you can't beat a purple drop for lvl 13 @ lvl 2 :roll:
  22. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Well... damnit damnit damnit :p
  23. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I got three level 25 items at level 15...
  24. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Thats awesome.
  25. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Still waiting to use them :roll:

I think I'm gonna start a new Mordecai and exclusively use Sniper Rifles and Shotguns. Here are my thoughts on pistols:

Repeaters are only useful if they have a high rate of fire, and can be nicely effective against multiple lower-powered enemies at medium to close range.

Revolvers are hard to use, have a low fire rate, high damage, but not worth using over Repeaters unless you're a crack shot at the head from a medium distance.

As a Mordecai using a Sniper Rifle and Revolver, I found myself needing a lot of help with multiple enemies or fast enemies. It's hard when you pick off 1 or 2 enemies from long distance and get rushed by 3 or 4 more and all you have to defend yourself are your Bloodwing, Revolver, and Grenades, not to mention the point-blank no-scope sniper shots.

This way, I can have my Sniper Rifle, a nice Shotgun, a Launcher, and one other weapon. Maybe a Rifle or SMG.