1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bottleneck Internet Connection/Router issues?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by ASRockIQ, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

Recently (Don't know the main cause) but my connection seems to be rather slow thus' trying to stream Videos off youtube or any other site is slow and speeds only @50-150k rather then should be like @400-1MB'ish. also, webpages load slow as well.

the Router WRT120N is saying "Your local network speed is faster then your Internet connection. This means that the bottleneck is *Probably outside your local network, between your router and your ISP." so what is the deal? our speed is 12MB too 20MB not sure completely. how can i go about fixing this?

Basically just a simple setup. IP 100-149. DHCP Enabled. Wireless Enabled. WPA2 Enabled. must i contact my ISP for help?

UPDATE: hmm... i released the IP and renew'ed it via Setup *Going into the Router's Setup and then rebooted the Router. idk what caused this conflict but i hope all is good

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. andrew123 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check your routers firewall settings, I've had an issue with mine restricting data-transfer rates (on a 6.0mbit line) to around 1.0/1.5mbit. If your router has SPI disable it and check your speeds using speedtest.net, re-enable it and check the speed again.

Of course I'm only speculating, but you never know until you try.

3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Try right clicking the video and select settings and up the buffer.