1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

boycott riva tuner

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by candle_86, Sep 1, 2008.

?

Do you like Russia?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2008.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Very much

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. I don't like the US

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    after reading the EULA and then his follow up posts on rage3d, it is very obvious the creator does not respect free speech nor choice. I will personally be boycotting his program for her personal choice to condem those who express views diffrent than his own. I encrouge you to do the same

2. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    So, basically, you want us to give up using a perfectly good tool because the creator doesn't want it to be linked on a site that tolerates racism?

Not gonna happen. The tool works, which is what people want.

theJesus, iluvtrees2, btarunr and 3 others say thanks.
  3. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    this person has stolen a GTX260 from a member of NVNEWS that donated it for the program, and then refuses to return it. He has claimed ownership over EVGA Precision and informed nvnews that they may not use that either. He has gone to that site in there forums and told MikeC to ban users he disagreed with or else. The program works, but we should not support someone that blatanly opresses the freedom of speech, and attacks anyone who brings up what Russia is really doing in Georgia. I will not support this software, I don't trust the Russians but I don't go this far most of the time, but this is an act agasint human free speech and free rights. How can you support him.

4. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I agree with candle, but I don't think theres a reason to not use there software, even if a dam nazi thief made it.

they banned ALOT of people at guru3d for this because they don't want anyone talking bad or russia, which does not suprise me because the last time I went to Novosibirsk, which was a few years ago, I saw they don't have much freedom of speech anyway.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118201

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  5. pagalms

pagalms

Thanks Received:
    I see no reason to boycott it, if it's for free :)

6. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    uh look up what donated means ?

7. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    You forgot to add a poll. All your threads have polls.

Cold Storm and Wile E say thanks.
  8. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    because if we can kill support maybe we can send him back into the hole he crawled up from. Besides ATI Tool does what I need it to do and it doesnt have a stipulation you must agree with wiz to use. I say we send this what ever he is back into his hole, dry up the support for the program.

9. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know what it means, but to take the card then to say oh you can use my program might as well be theft, im sure jakup donated it under honest intentions, and unwinder did not. In my book thats stealing because you conned a card from someone under false pretenses.

10. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    omg, look at the poll 0.o

is there a no option, lol

11. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    this is gay lol

i already dl it :p

12. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    jacob, who is working at evga, "donated" the card to unwinder to help him get support for the gtx 260/280 into evga's own precision overclocking program which is made by unwinder too.

13. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    ATTN: What Russia is really doing in Georgia is doing something it said 20 years ago it would do if Georgia invaded a republic whose leaders show a desire to rejoin Russia, in which many of the people who reside in the country are Russian citizens or hold Russian passports at least.

Russia is not the bad guy here. Georgia attacked South Ossettia first, and Russia just came in to protect the little guy.

14. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    i would not go that far it was the course of 99% of my issue's with the 2900XT. I just put it down as it's more for nVidia card.

And as far as free speech there's not such thing, well there is but it get ya ass no were anyways 99% of the time.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    no i dont russian or anny communist controled country

16. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe your all forgetting it was in fact Georgia that attacked Russia first by killing people in South Ossetia for pretty much nothing other than to proce how big its ball were??

I am really sorry if CNN has brainwashed you into thinking Russia is at fault but that's not the case now is it. (side note: I no way believe in fighting over things, that goes for any 'war')

Either way, RivaTuner works damn good and I use it on all my PCs, I see no reason to stop using it just because of some BS and someone got their panties twisted...Therefore I (and I assume many others) will continue to use this, to say the least, damn good programme no matter what.

17. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    This is rediculous anyway you dont have free speech per say on a public forum its admin discression and even if you thought you did i dont think russia has free speech their not the U.S. so if anyone says something they dont want to hear they have every right to ban whoever they want.

No website is 100% free speech this is the internet you can pull out a countrys laws here. Its like if Germany legalized weed and the server is in germany so i decided to say something about the 500lbs i have in my closet w1zz could contact someone in america and have me arrested and they would laugh if i said but i only told people online and that server is in germany and its legal their you cant arrest me. That and as i said Admin decision you cant speak how you want on an online forum you can speak or say things upto the admins or mods tolerance level. and like i said before i cant remember any communist country that had the united states version of free speech and if the mods and or admins are from russia in all honesty i think they have every right to do as they please.....

but i love you candle no hard feelings im just saying.

18. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    You've obviously never read an EULA before. That is probably the least draconian one I have ever read. Delete 99% of the software on your computer because the EULA you have to agree to for those programs is much much worse. Promptly stand up, hop three times, shutdown your computer, and crawl into a shell. The world is a lot meaner of a place than your prepared for.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
    ShadowFold and iluvtrees2 say thanks.
  19. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Is this just another thread so you can have another pop at Russia?

and I agree with Ben.

20. largon

largon

Thanks Received:
    Too bad the world has no way to get reliable information from the crisis area due to the nature of the parties involved. Georgia is apparently run by a militant madman - and the other party is, simply said, Russia.

aCid888* says thanks.
  21. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Many people report reliable info on these kinds of subjects, its just the fact they get silenced pretty fast when they report the truths that certain (no names needed) "Government bodies" or Countries don't want told to their loyal brainwashed people.

That my friend, is the real issue here.

22. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Since when did Rivatuner's EULA become a matter of international politics..... I have to say, and take it as you will, this is all extremely silly.

23. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Like I said in my first post, either way I'll still use RivaTuner :toast: :rockout:

24. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    since its creater made it into polotics

25. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    yes politics does get in the way of everything.

I am with the creator - why should he/she (seeing as we are speaking about politics I may as well be politically correct) have to put up with that crap?

If I had an awesome programme and you Candle said that all Europeans are idiots and bla bla bla I too would also make it known that I did not want you to use my product.