1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Brace yourselves....

Discussion in 'Games' started by FreedomEclipse, Feb 8, 2014.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Came across this article on Guru3d - what this means that CoD will not be laid to rest but held in 'purgatory'or a state of suspended animation while Activision continues to drag its damp salty balls across the faces of more of its player base. While the general consensus among players is that BL:OPS 2 was a much much better game, aparently Activision and co. forgot to read the memo.

When will the CoD player base finally stand up and say enough is enough and to get those dirty Activision cock and balls out of my face?! People need to learn to vote with their wallets, people have already voiced their dislike for CoD:ghosts but yet will buy the next iteration of a cod game. I was stupid enough to buy mw2 thinking that things will get better. But this balatant balling of its player and fan base wont stop till people stop buying CoD and fueling Activisions CoD making campaigns.

Sadly this is gonna be the future, and its not going to end anytime soon
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  2. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I click the "Brace yourselves" thread and I see the avatar.....

:eek:

P.S. Also interesting word usage of the male genitalia. Made me :laugh:

On topic, BLOPS and BLOPS 2 were much much better games than Ghosts. My brother having the only modern console (PS3) and being a COD addict, I usually play with him once in a while and I have to say Ghosts was a bit of a letdown. Decent execution and variety added to the series, but felt like a step backwards IMO.
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  3. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Ghosts was terrible. Even my CoD-on-pc-loving-friend thought it was terrible.

This was the last good modern CoD, taken form that article
    [​IMG]

and honorable mention to World at War because I liked that one too.

oh and the descriptive speech in the OP made me chuckle so that was good ;)
    Kursah says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    World at War was the last decent CoD game. none of my fps friends bought it but i did and enjoyed it immensely though i was half disappointed with the game as infinity ward were hyping the fact they were bringing vehicles back to the game which turned out to be nothing else then 1 tank per team on just 2 maps. I was thinking they were paying homage to the CoD:UO days where you had big maps and 3-4 jeeps per team but i was very mistaken. I felt a little cheated but it is what it is
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  5. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Bring back Day of Defeat.
  6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Its available on steam :slap:
  7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I don't get why you are so upset. They are not forcing you to buy anything. People ARE voting with their wallets, and what they are saying is "Yes, give us more".
    The Von Matrices says thanks.
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    What part of my thread makes you think that im upset? I honestly dont care but i thought it would be funny to mention that Activision are gonna keep flogging a dead horse for the near and foreseeable future because stupid people keep buying the bloody game. I can count the people who are happy with CoD in general with one hand. In fact even the console crowd are starting to say that CoD is getting a bit long in the tooth and the game isnt going to get any better because the devs still have to work within the parameters of what makes a CoD game. Add more dumb ass perks and kill streaks. rehash/re-skin a map or 2 (ok maybe 4 cuz 5 maps make a map pack right?) throw in a few new guns, make 1 or 2 of them stupidly overpowered and dont bother with balancing. maybe tweak the audio abit - throw in a linear scripted lackluster single player campaign and people will think its gold dust.

Im not upset (not as much as you at least) I just think the franchise needs to die already as they cant bring anything new to the table with that ip
  9. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Then your use of words of "bloody", "balling", "dragging their damp salty balls" over the faces of their fanbase and that you felt cheated all contributed to the general feel of you being upset. Don't be upset, it's only a word.
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    only a game you mean.

dont try to school me on english when you dont english good yourself.

Plus try understanding what sarcasm means

If you have nothing better to do but come and troll my thread then leave.
  11. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Chill guys. The rate of CoD games coming out will be the same, except more time will be spent developing each (as far as my understanding goes). How many games has that amount of loyal fanbase?
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    My point being that the CoD franchise wont be taken out of rotation despite one of the devs on reddit saying they were starting to run out of ideas and there was nothing they could do about it but wipe the slate clean and work on a newer game because its not held to the same basic framework/parameters as CoD.

Out with the old and in with the new so to speak. Thats why im more inclined to give titanfall a chance despite its low player cap. Im sure most of the team that left infinity ward were sick of making CoD games anyway. Working on something fresh is always more inspiring and motivating then going through the same crap for the last 10-15years.

CoD has to be put down but If people keep buying the game then more of them will just keep being made
  13. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    One word: Titanfall

More words: That's what most of the Infinity Ward devs are working on. CoD has simply devolved into a money milking machine like The Sims.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:

Damn, i was waiting for that 'one direction' reference
  15. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    As long as CoD sells, Activision will pump them out. I really enjoyed MW1 and WaW. I liked MW2 until I saw noobtoob supremacy. BO2 was a good game IMO, because it shook the formula up a bit, but I only play CoD on the consoles.

IW only exists in name now, Sledgehammer helped with MW3 (which isn't a good sign) and now they're making their own CoD and Treyarch will have a little longer to make their follow up, but a 3 year dev cycle means nothing if the game never really changes.

I heard a rumor that Treyarch's next game is going back to WW2, which would get me to give it a good rent to see if it was worth the money. I really liked WaW and I'd love to play another CoD that didn't have the plethora or target finders and (in game) wallhacks.

Unfortunately, all of these games will be on the previous gen consoles, so they won't be a huge leap forward or anything.
  16. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    umadbro?

You sound mad...

Seriously tho, don't buy the game if it bugs you that much.. problem solved..
  17. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Activision having 3 studios work on them but still releasing 1 game a year is a fantastic idea. An extra year of development time will help fight off the stagnation, and give the devs more time to work on new ideas or at least prevent them from recycling so much. People keep buying the games so why bother stopping. Giving the teams more time is in Activision and the Consumers best interest imo.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  18. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thread cleansed on nonsense regarding Freedom's avatar. Stay on topic.
    Crunching for Team TPU