1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Brand new SSD help.

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Darkleoco, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Got Windows 7 installed so now it seems all that is left is going to the Asus website and downloading the drivers to ensure everything works correctly.

Well I guess I should have expected this but it is very weird with absolutely NOTHING Working on my laptop, I am not sure how I feel about that :s

I guess I just download everything's latest driver from the Asus website?
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah with the laptop the default internet drivers and maybe even the track pad wont work. plug in a mouse and grab a thumb stick;)

Latest is usually best, but look at it to be sure it applies to your needs, you don't need to use everything they offer, just the basic drivers. IF you are confused as to which open the device manager and look at what has "!" icons still and get the drivers for those.
  3. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Thankfully the trackpad still worked so i just grabbed the lan driver from my desktop and am downloading everything else now. This is going to be time consuming but I already see an insane difference in speed on boot up but that may be due to already restarting more in 20 minutes than i normally do in two weeks :roll:
  4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah load times of all the BS isn't bad either;) Glad you are on the way to happiness:D
    Darkleoco says thanks.
  5. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Finally got nearly everything working, just need to play around with installing everything I had before.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  6. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    the recovery image that takes 6 DVD in this case install lot of crap along windows - asusĀ“s programs that you most likely wont use so uninstall all crap after installing the OS