1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bridging two wireless adapters via Load Balancing in Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by bud951, Dec 12, 2009.

1. bud951

bud951 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have two wireless internet accounts (2x 15/2mbs) at my home (or I will this afternoon) and I would like to combine them together to create a single faster internet connection. I know that I will have 2 different ip addresses and wont actually give me 30/4mbs unless I am using a torrent or newsgroup but I do download large files via these services and I like to have bandwidth to spare possibly for a server which can use one of the ip's. My question is, how do I bridge two wireless connections in Win 7 to achieve this? I have read it can be done but I have heard it is both easy and hard from different sources. Since I have only one wireless nic should I hard wire one line and use wireless for the other? Is anyone here doing this? Info greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    Oh it doesn't sound like you can do this. Because traffic from the internet will source to whatever IP you come from. If your trying to download a file through mozilla or IE it will just send it to 1 IP. It will have no idea that your other internet connection is you.

The only way to really use two lines is from the same ISP and have a modem that supports load balancing.

I could be wrong, but doesnt sound too promising.

3. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i think we had a thread like this a few weeks back with several suggestions

4. bud951

bud951 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where would that thread be? Link? Thanks.

5. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    bud951 says thanks.