1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Browser Benchmarks Compilation

Discussion in 'General Software' started by smartali89, Jan 23, 2010.

1. smartali89

smartali89 New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Meow9000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Personally, i don't see the point of browser benchmarks because everyone's internet connection is different, and everyone's pc is different. So in real world the results would differ substantially. Thats my understanding of it but correct me if im wrong. But anything with numbers is always cool !
  3. smartali89

smartali89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    These benchmarks were performed on the same system, you can compare the results. But you are right too, thats why I've mentioned there in the post that these could vary
  4. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I use IE8 simply because when I am surfing I just don't care how fast things are, and I'm happy with it's features, but your results seem to be in line with other browser benchmarks I've seen.

In any event, nice job Smartali :toast:
  5. AddSub

AddSub

Thanks Received:
    smartali89, it never gets old watching IE get crushed in benchmarks like that. I don't think those benchmarks show anything new for most folks here at TPU. Also, I really like the fact that it's Microsoft's latest and greatest version 8 that is getting "schooled" in those benchmarks. It cuts down on the "but UR NOT usin the latest version!!!" trash talk.

smartali89, good job! :)