1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BSOD help needed

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Starcrusher, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Starcrusher New Member

Thanks Received:
    I built this computer (check system specs to the left) and an identical one for my wife a couple of weeks ago and have been plagued with random crashes since I powered it up. Most of the errors are PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT type stop errors with other random ones thrown in. Sometimes it will go for a long time playing a very graphic intensive game so I dont think it is heat related although it might still be. All drivers and BIOS are updated to the latest versions possible. I ran Memtest86 on it for about 10 hours thinking it was memory problems, but it found no errors in the memory. Now I am thinking the onboard sound drivers or maybe my antivirus software (Avast) are causing the crashes. The reasons I'm looking at the sound and antivirus are that I have had several lockups where the sound went totally bananas when it locked and a couple of screen blackouts with lockups when I clicked on the error message I got from the antivirus when it tried to update. Any thoughts or comments on the hardware are welcome since input is always informative. Thanks in advance.

2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    i agree and make sure the drivers are fully updated because sometimes you need the first driver to get going but you still need a newer driver installed. dont forget directx and video drivers too.

and be sure the onboard sound is automatically disabled if using a sound card, mobo manual should tell you.

4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    sounds like your memory's taking a crap or your hard drive if your ocing go back to stock and see what happens otherwize all i can say is windows is retarded get used to it