1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bsod

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bobbydoors, Jan 26, 2013.

1. bobbydoors New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,
    My problem is on another pc. I get BSOD every few minutes when I try to do anything on the pc (you tube, facebook, gaming...). If I start the pc and don't do nothing BSOD don't happen. Now, I came to realize that BSOD happens when RAM consumption goes above 90%, so I suppose it has something to do with that. Also the pc is quite old. Processor is intel celeron 2,66 GHz, ram is only 1gb, videocard is GF 6200, asus motherboard. I run w7 32bit. I know it's a little low spec, but it worked fine for at least 6 months ago, that is until yesterday. I checked it with antivir (ess6.0), no malware and spyware etc. So it works just fine until I put a little stress to it.

So my q is do I have hardware or software problem? Do I need to reinstall windows or would windows repair do the job? Do I have malware or virus problem? Any ideas basically...

Thanks.
  2. Paladone

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like you could have a problem with your RAM getting too hot. Maybe you could try removing it from the PC and clearing the slots of any Debris or dust. Obviously, make sure you have your computer turned off at the power point.
  3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I have never ever in my life seen ram getting too hor. It's not that.

What is the error code? You can download a program called Bluescreenview to see them.

Also run memtest86. It checks the memory for errors and is pretty reliable.
  4. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    You need to post your system specs