1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bt home hub keeps restarting?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by musicistabest, Jun 29, 2008.

1. musicistabest New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi when I am either on my computer or watching TV(Bt vision) my home hub keeps restarting I have tried reseting it but no difference what should I do.

2. timta2

Thanks Received:
    musicistabest says thanks.
  3. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    I would guess that the hot temperatures have caused it to overheat. Does it feel hot to the touch?

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    bt home hub routers update them selves pretty much so the reboots might be due to it upgrading this isnt somthing that happens every day though so there may be a problem i lose connection from time to time but that just crappy bt for you if i was in a cable area id never say bt again.

ive been with bt a few years now and found that in year 1 all was good then just after xmas somthing happend that effected all broadband users in our area i went from a not too bad 4mb with great server pings in games on uk servers to a 3mb speed with packet loss and errors which i still have to this day and ive bashed my head about it so much i just cant be arsed anymore the call centers get me in such a rage i think they are complete morons tbh.

I think you have a month cancelation period im not sure but if you arent happy now you never will be so goodluck lol.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
    musicistabest says thanks.
  5. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    put it in a mode that will make it a passthrough and do pppoe on your router