1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Budget Gaming case -Antec one hundred

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by pratmodi, Jun 10, 2012.

1. pratmodi New Member

Thanks Received:
    i just ordered a antec one hundred case .

But the problem is that i realised it now that it doenst has a reset button , just the power button . will it be a problem ? why didnt they put such a crucial and needy button on there. ?

if i would require a reset or restart , can i do a direct power off from button ? will it be fatal to my PSu or system components ?

is there any remedy ?

also if u'all can reply me on how to do case power connections ?
    i mean the case usb and power connections to mobo or psu.

2. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Having no reset button will not do harm to your PSU or system components.
    Allthough a reset button is usefull its no realy essencial, If the pc crashes you can just hold the power button for X amount of time then the pc will turn off anyway.

In windows 7 if you right click the task bar then propertise, Then click the start menue tab you will see an option saying (power button action) i have this set to restart the pc rather than shutdown.
    Not sure on other OS so maybe someone who uses vista or xp will be able to give info about settings.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Im sure it has a reset button. It probably incorporated into the power button and you hold it down to reset

The rest of your questions just read your motherboard and case manuals

4. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    No, it doesn't have a reset button, which is fine. You don't need it, considering the reset is a "high-on" switch, so leaving it disconnected simply don't do anything. The power button can shut a machine off after holding it for 5 seconds or so, it's just a convenience feature.

USB can only fit into a USB header one way, Antec bundles two USB ports into a single connector like many case vendors nowadays, there is one corner that doesn't take a pin so you can see how it is supposed to go.

Let me put it this way, there is very little you can do to plug the wrong thing in from the power supply, the connectors are made in a way so each is unique. Just follow diagram on your motherboard and you'll be all set if you've never done this before. It really is simple.