1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Budget Gaming Rig suggestions

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Israar, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Nokiacrazi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well actually doing the measurements, I don't think I need a new case to be honest. And if my current 600W (cheap) PSU is good enough, then I can save by not buying new Case+PSU.
  2. Nokiacrazi New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Both of my 6870s are MSI and they've performed great, not a single issue with either of them.

Gigabyte and Asus are both good, but I would lean towards Asus. I've had strange issues with the BIOS on a gigabyte board that I recently built a 2600k machine with, but I know plenty of people who swear by both, so personally I would say the P8Z77-M is the better choice. Just keep in mind that the Asus board is a Micro-ATX motherboard.
  4. Nokiacrazi New Member

Thanks Received:
    What difference would that make other than size?
  5. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Haha, love this reply, my response? Simply because she is tasty ;-)

I'll have to have a look at those see what they're like! :) -- Sounds of it they should be good! XD

Hey dude, no need to be sorry, you're after the same thing I was more or less, so join in on the thread all you like, if it helps get you some info and in the right direction it's all the more better!

Also, this is for everyone that's helped me thus far, a huge thank you for the input, unfortunately, he's having a build done I don't know the specs or anything like that but I'll find out soon enough when he gets it :) -- A Techy I used to work for is building it for him, I don't know the budget he gave either so I'm literally out of the loop for the time being, though I promise I'll let you all know what he gets :)

--Lee