1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Budget way to ship a case?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kantastic, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    What's the most affordable method to ship a mid tower in it's original packaging? (Which carrier and shipping method.)
  2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Well usually it depends on weight for most shipment costs. If your going from the North Pole to say KS @ 15lbs there may be a flat rate(since there is when I shipped 10lbs to Canada~about $20).
    So weight and distance are the main factors here bud.

IMO USPS has been my choice of mailers, UPS ground includes a tracking number with $200 insurance automatically.
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I find in the original box is best, an I tend to gravitate to Fed Ex, not only for price, but because I rarely get a beat up box from them. I cant say the same for UPS or USPS.

Everyone has a favorite (mlee for instance ;) ) and we all like em for our own reasons. Price shop and try one out. IF you are leary insure it, so if anything goes wrong its covered.
  4. Mistral

Mistral

Thanks Received:
    Most affordable method? By land. And since your location is listed as The North Pole, that would be (Santa excluded for obvious reasons) Canada Post. :rolleyes:

Though "by land" might not work if you are shipping it in from another continent...
  5. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    LOL

I'm in New York.