1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Buffalo Outs 2 TB MiniStation 3.0 Portable HDD

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 19, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Buffalo launched a 2 TB variant of its MiniStation 3.0 portable hard drive (model: HD-PCT2. 0U3-GBJ). Slated for late-July, the drive will be priced at 29,925 JPY (US $380). The drive is built into the conventional MiniStation chassis, which is available in piano-black and pearl-white finishes. The drive is completely bus-powered, and connects to the host over USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface (backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 HiSpeed).

The drive comes pre-formatted with FAT32+ file-system, with the volume storing Windows and MacOS X installers for Buffalo Tools (disk management software) and TurboCopy (speeds up file-transfers). The drive can later be re-formatted to the file-system of your choice, after backing up the installers. Measuring 144 x 77 x 20 mm, the drive weighs about 255 g.

[​IMG]

Source: Hermitage Akihabara

2. 1c3d0g

1c3d0g

Thanks Received:
    There's a Western Digital 2 TB with USB 3.0 going for $179.99. Why would I go for this for almost twice the price?

3. timta2

Thanks Received:
    I completely agree 1c3d0g. At least the design is pretty sharp, in comparison to a lot of the external drives on the market.

4. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Looks very similar to my Patriot Gauntlet 2 that i got for $25, does all the same things also.

It is over priced, your paying for the software be my guess? as i could do the same here for around $200 (case and 2TB HDD)