1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Building my new PC need advice.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xXxBREAKERxXx, Feb 16, 2011.

1. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all. (first post)
    I gathered a little ammount of money and i want to spend them for my new pc.
    So i started with mainboard.
    ASUS MAXIMUS III FORMULA (already purchased)
    Next step i want to buy PSU for now i choosed "be quiet Dark Pro P9 750w" will it be enough for my build (give me advices).

RAM - DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
    Corsair XMS3 - Memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-PIN - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL9 - 1.65 V
    And what are the differences between them ? CORSAIR VENGEANCE 8GB KIT DDR3-1600 CL9 2x4096MB (except the price and good looking) ?

VGA - I want 6950 (to unlock it to 6970) or GTX 570 just don't know which one is better :( I like them both (can find used 5970 vs 250€ but dont think my Psu can handle it and its used)

Processor - i7-870

HDD - Thinking to get 64gb SSD Kingston for Windows but not sure can i use normal HDD for storage data, i mean like C: is patrition 1 D: is normal HDD? The Pc will be used pretty much for gaming needs.

So i bough only Mainboards other items waiting for order. Need advices is it good Pc and do i need to change something in that build?

1 more question i want to buy "Cooler Master v10" for my processor what is the difference with "Cooler Master v8" one (sure i like v10 looking)
  2. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    looks good to me.

Ive heard that be quiet makes a high quality product .

The vengeance has better timings i think, checkem

imo just buy the 6970 ive heard mixed results about flashing and i wouldn't risk it at this point unless your prepared to buy a new one in case of an issue.

As long as all your games and windows <60gb your partition setup will work.

idk about the cooler.
  3. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    The v10 has ram cooler (fan blowing down) and a tec on it to cool the cpu. So it's an air cooled tec. Pm cdawall, he had one.
    Crunching for Team TPU