1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bulldozer Information Thread.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AlphaStormX, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude.....there is no delay. Q4 is Q4. October is Q4. The only time you will be able to bitch AMD did not deliver is January 1st of 2012.
    eidairaman1 says thanks.
  2. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    LOL just like my wife .
    If AMD is having problems NOW at this POINT in the game after all the previous delays what will it matter now ? I do not think 2 weeks will fix any thing . I think it is to get the stock they have out off the shelves like TheMailman78 said .
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. ensabrenoir

ensabrenoir

Thanks Received:
    they got us!

This keeps up Pile driver may come out first..... or we may all be the victim of the biggest April fools joke ever:eek: all it'll take is a few more delays and some liquid nitrogen! Amd .... stealth.. evil... genius..es. Intel will release 10 new cpus....... wait...... they're in this together!!!! :eek: oh the humanity
  4. linoliveira

linoliveira

Thanks Received:
    JF post at XS -> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...-info-fans-!&p=4952845&viewfull=1#post4952845

some confirmation about the overhead in adding a second core to the module (about none) that some were complaining got explained
    hope this clarifies some doubts
  5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
  6. linoliveira

linoliveira

Thanks Received:
    I think the architecture is the same in the server part. And he states the 4C/4T only sucks more power than 2C/4T in BD and adds no performance gains. So this can also apply to desktop parts.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Server is a completely different ballgame.
    linoliveira says thanks.
  8. bucketface

bucketface New Member

Thanks Received:
    well that "ember 19th" rumour was bs.
    i guess the next bet is on october.

EDIT: @linoliveira
    the 2 images seem to line up identically so i would presume that they are of the same slide and AMD was "taking the piss".

i thought he was saying that pushing 2 seperate threads into 2 separate modules would provide almost no perf gain in most cases and only increase power consumption and lower turbo headroom.
    EDIT:NVM thats what u ware saying..wait what do u mean 2c/4t? argh need to go to bed. its too late.
  9. linoliveira

linoliveira

Thanks Received:
    I also saw that, but "...ember" could be September, November or even December! LOL
    when the video first came out i didn't even realize that the month name was not complete :wtf:
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Some of you that come into these Bulldozer threads ever other day to post the same regurgitated crap just need to give it up. We understand that you don't like waiting. We understand that you are impatient and this may be too much for you to handle. So, if someone feels like posting useful information.. go for it. If you want to complain, post off topic, post nonsense, etc. Go away. I'm not talking to anyone in particular, but those who this post seems to relate to will know this is for them.

If you want to find Bulldozer information, search through the various news articles here.
    Damn_Smooth, Frick, cadaveca and 2 others say thanks.