1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Burning in new build 3570k + Z77-UD5H

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Sasqui, Nov 18, 2012.

1. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:

No he is not. It is over max Tcase. Those temps will degredate the chip.

2. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    I would research max Tcase which is 67. The sensors will read about 10 degrees higher than Tcase which is about 77. I will leave it at that.

3. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Sooo many double posts. Forum etiquette 101 dictates that if you have more to add to a post that you edit your previous post :slap:

Sasqui! This is awesome! My faith in humanity was restored and everything just by reading this thread. You are my hero for the holidays with your fellowship microcenter-run and awesome overclocking results :toast:

Sasqui says thanks.
  4. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
    OK?

Also....

A quick Google search showed this information, that you should already have seen. Both come from Intel sources, the first being the Intel site its self, the second being Live Chat with an Intel employee.

I don't actually see your point..... care to provide any links to ACTUAL evidence of your claims... or just spread FUD??? :nutkick:

His temps are fine and within normal operating range of the stock cooler... voltage, THEN finally heat, degrades a chip.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  5. LightningJR

LightningJR

Thanks Received:
    I feel pretty happy about my 2500K since it's also able to reach 4.5Ghz at 1.25 with ~6C lower temps. Nice chip :) :toast:

6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure if I put it back it's box, and stuck it in a freezer, it'd last a lot longer.

It's a fantastic board, I couldn't be happier. And that is coming off the last best boards I've encountered, the ASUS Maximus and Rampage Formula. The BIOS is a no-brainer, but mastering the voltages takes some time. With all voltages set to Auto, up to 4.3 Ghz is one setting away in the BIOS - the CPU multiplier.

Yes, you will definitely see better temps with water.

PatoRodrigues says thanks.
  7. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice job M8 :toast:, Just received my CPU today, motherboard arrives tomorrow hopefully, also a UD5 so this thread will help me this weekend start tinkering, I have one of the new Corsair Hydro H80i coolers to hopefully keep the temps in check. Last weekend I got given a freebie i7 930 which get a bit toasty once you go over 4.2gig, this cooler runs the thing at 73C max load at 4.2gig in Prime so I am hoping it can do a bit with IB.

8. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    What IB chip? Start another burn-in thread :)

One differnence I notices with Prime95... Core2 vs Ivy. When Prime95 fails on the Core2, I'd get a calculation error. With Ivy, Prime95 crashes and dissapears from the desktop rather quickly.

Tatty_One says thanks.
  9. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    3570k too :)

Sasqui says thanks.
  10. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You're just a wee bit further from stability then. Usually, I find that crashes like that might just be memory controller voltage, not CPU voltage. ;)

And then, sometimes rounding errors are memory controller...and sometimes they are CPU. rounding errors on more than one thread usually = IMC, one thread = CPU.

11. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the club!

Not sure. It was doing the same thing when I had the memory at 1600 C10 and pushed the CPU too far. Also, when doing Prime95 on the Core2 it was in XP. Now I'm on Win7 64. That could be the difference, I'm not sure.

12. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    NoNo. Max Tcase is 67.4 degrees. 105 will take the chip past max Tcase. Pushing the 3770k past 80 will surely degrgate the chip. You can generally add about 10 degrees to Tcase and that is max for a processor(about 77 degrees). This was learned by many with Bloomfield. I saw many degredate their bloomfield processors by going this high......I push my chips beyond and have seen a few of mine degredate and do not overclock as good anymore. Taking it to 80-85 may be acceptable but just saying, that is pushing it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Um, we don't use TCase. We use TJMax, which for IVB, is 105 C. This is info from Intel Whitepapers, you can check for yourself.

Very different figures. I hit 85c on TJmax, and TCase is just 45C, so I hear where you are coming from, but what the guys here are talking about, and what you are talking about, are two totally different readings, from two totally different sensors.

14. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    cadaveca says thanks.
  15. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
    Hey Sasqui... can you post up some MaxxMem results please?

Would be interested to see what I'm missing out on with this smaller board and slower RAM. :p

This is what I benched with... though it appears to have a bit of an issue reading the correct values of hardware... not that it matters at all.

Thanks. :toast: