1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Burning to my desktop's DVD burner from my laptop

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by xBruce88x, Aug 2, 2010.

1. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    can it be done and how? I have a DVD i'd like to make some copies of and have Nero 7 Ult. my desktop uses win7 and nero7 wont work with it. my laptop is running xp and nero 7 runs just fine. I'd like to use nero 7 to copy a DVD from the dvd drive in the laptop to the burner in my desktop. its not a movie, its a home made type thing with a menu on the dvd showing 4 clips. nothing that's copywrited.

the drive is already shared on the network and the 2 computers are connected via ethernet. (ICS)

any ideas?

Thnx
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it would be easier (and less likely to get a bad burn) if you transfer what you need burned over to the PC first.
  3. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    hmm... i think i'll just try creating an .iso with nero on the laptop, sending it to the comp with win7, and burning the image with win7.. that should work.

well.. if the laptop could read it it would... i guess they burned it in a way that standared dvd-roms can't read it
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  4. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
  5. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    I say transfer first. I've thought about burning from a network share. But its another point of failure for something to go wrong.