1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Buying new LCD. Which one to get.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Azfar, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Azfar

Azfar New Member

Thanks Received:
    After a few days of rigorous brainstorming, going through spec sheets, reading and viewing views and reviews i have shrotlisted below LCDs for my upgrade. I curently have a more than two years old BenQ 17" LCD. Keep in mind that options here in Local market are limited unlike Europe or states. Anyway, it has come down to these two or me,

Samsung 2333HD [23", built in TV tuner, 5ms, 16.7m colors, cheaper, but DCR is low @ 10000:1 !!]

or

Viewsonic VX2439WM [24", 2ms, High DCR, expensive]

looks wise, both are killers. Viewsonic seems to have and edge here. but Samsung gives amazing value for money. cant makeup my mind .

given a choice between these two..which one would you guys buy :confused: ?
  2. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    sadly i would have to choose the viewsonic on this one ... I am a samsung guy but the viewsonic is better.

the DCR is not a big deal so dont worry about that. the low response time is the major thing for gaming to help control ghosting.
  3. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    +1

The ViewSonic is the better choice out of the two here, and as for the DCR not being a big deal is correct...

Source - CNET