1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bye, Texas

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by ShadowFold, Apr 18, 2009.

1. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Well, I think about 35 to 40 states or so, are just one step away from seceding the Union. I went to one of these rally's here in ohio on tax day, and there were about 3,000 people.
    I also heard it was aired in the UK, not too sure on that. But yes, things are really starting to heat up against obama and the government
  3. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    What was aired on the UK?
  4. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Some Tea Party's here in the states.
    AsRock says thanks.
  5. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Just goes to show you how absolutely fucked up our government is. People are educating themselves and getting pissed.

My advice? If you havn't already, buy a gun. Get a real gun, don't get a little pistol, get a serious business gun. Get something like an AR-15 or an AK-47, try to get good ammo, get some black tips if you can, if not get green tips. Get about 1000 rounds. Stock up on MREs, bottled water, water purification tablets, survival stuff.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I, among many, believe there could be another Civil War.
    I am already in the looks of buying a couple weapons.
  7. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I believe there could be another civil war as well. If you haven't heard already, the Chinese and Russians have already gotten into our power grid and they can eliminate our utilities at any moment they wish. Should they decide to fuck us over, kiss your electricity, gas, and water goodbye.

I have a Marlin .357 rifle but I only have like 48 .357 rounds and 49 .38 rounds. I have a scope but I need mounts. Sucks that I have to have this caliber rifle because nobody's going to be carrying it, there's only going to be gangsters waving around thier crappy .45s and people who actually know what they're doing and carrying rifles, probably using .223, 5.56 and 7.62. There may be a few commandos running around with .50s, and 9mm will probably be a common sidearm. Doubt anyone's gonna have .38 or .357.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I was reading that. Better order online stat! Oh, and the whole internet situation will be fun as well. Since Obama will have a one-button-shut-down-everyones-interwebs device...
  9. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    that fucker is the antichrist... just watch
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I doubt they will leave the U.S.

But they can do what they want and if they can survive without the U.S. governments money then go for it.
  11. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure your national guard might have something to say if it hits the fan.
  12. entilza New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stop watching Red Dawn and playing CS so much...
  13. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they'll say they're just following orders.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The US government better pray there is never an armed uprising by a majority of the civilian populous. We have them out-gunned by about 1000:1
  16. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    OK. Let's all stop being ridiculous. We all realize that Obama has only been in office for less than 5 months, right? We do understand that the underlying problems have been coming for many years, or is that my imagination? Some of the comments here are exactly what creates paranoia and panic. Texas has always had some desire to leave the union, or am I wrong here. It just comes up more during financial crisis. Oh, and this particular financial crisis was not created by the current administration.
  17. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    no - you'll have them out numbered. Pretty sure no civilian in America is in possession of heavily armed tanks and capable of launching very explosive missile from the other side of the Country. The armed forces would crush any rebellion.

That is if the armed forces are professional enough to follow the orders that may be given to them.
  18. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    You all do realize that it is Congress that holds the power in the US government and not the president, right? They pass bills, and if the president vetoes, they can give him a big "up yours" and pass a bill anyways.

I'm with Paulie on this one. There are bigger problems that have been around WAY before Obama on this.
  19. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I realize that Obama has been in office for less than 5 months, and I do understand that underlying problems have been here for many years. Remember that guy Bush? Remember the Patriot act? Remember all the dictorial powers Bush set up for himself? Obama said he would take that shit away but he just extended those powers to himself and he is building upon them even further.

Can't you see that the evil government has been tearing away at the constitution for years and years? The assault weapons ban that Clinton pushed through is unconstitutional. The patriot act is unconstitutional. Nobody in the government gives a fuck about the constitution anymore.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Please back this up with facts.
  21. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

Maybe it's because they see it as out of date. If you stuck to "Constitution" forever pretty sure the USA would be taking steps back - not forward. Things change and the need to change for things to get better. You CANNOT repeat CANNOT keep things the same and expect the economy, education, and health of the nation to increase at a stable rate.
  22. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Supposedly. The government has changed a great deal since 1776.
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Yes indeed. We no longer have slaveowners as presidents.
    Paulieg says thanks.
  24. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    What more facts do you need? The assult weapons ban is an infrignement on the right to keep and bear arms, which is an infrignement on the second amendment, ergo unconstitutional.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The patriot act allows illegal search and seisure, which is an infringement to the fourth amendment ergo unconstitutional.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

If I want to keep a 20mm Vulcan Cannon in my house I am allowed to, and fuck off if anyone wants to come take it away from me. If I had a 20mm Vulcan Cannon in my house I bet my left nut that I would have SWAT all over me.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    I love this argument. The right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean that you can bear any arms you want. Are you saying any Joe Jim Bob should be able to own a nuclear warhead if he wants?

Are you in the Militia?