1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by CrAsHnBuRnXp, Nov 6, 2007.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I just noticed that this game is already shipping and in stores. I thought this game came out on like the 13th or something? Since when has it been the 5th?
  2. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Sadly cod4 only has 5hrs of game play. Hopefully it has a bad ass muliplayer.

Atm, I am waiting for Assassin Cread.
  3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Are you kidding me!? If thats teh case, its off my buy list.

I to am waiting for AC. Thats going to be a great game. One week from tomorrow. :D:rockout:
  4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll get it when its $30, if the MP is any good.
  5. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Thats sad... all new games have such bad playtime.
  6. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I don't care if it's only 5 hours if it's bad ass.
  7. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Whe you play a demo 10 times and it's still fun....what else do you need to say?
  8. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Very true, it's on my "to get" list for sure, and I do hope the MP is a good experience, I feel it will be. Granted I think they spent too much time on tech and delivering an epic, movie style experience and feel, it's going to be a treat of a video game. I just hope if the MP is as good as I hope, that enough others purchase it to make MP a good experience.

:toast:
  9. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
    agreed :rockout:
  10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    just have to say pathetic what is 5 hours nothing i could play a demo on all modes for free to get that amount of play, i think that 20hrs is kinda short for a game i remember when games were like 35 hrs and still fun to replay, i just hate how games like portal and bioshock are short and i think stranglehold was like 7hrs play time.

i hope that this was made by the team that made cod 1 and 2 and not the console versions those sucked even if mulitplayer is good i think that just having a single player thats short is a rip off because i know some of my friends who dont play mulitplayer.

I think that it must be due to more features being added and that the new technology just makes games longer to develop.

might be that they plan to release an expansion pack which would normally be welcome but not when the original is only 5hrs.
  11. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    is there a link to this claim of 5hrs of gameplay...just wondering not implying anything!
  12. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I think this game is gonna disappoint for many people. This game does not look much next gen, doesn't feel next gen...to me, this feels like a mod of CoD2 (like 2142 was to bf2). Which is still not bad, new flavor to a good game...

So buying this game is more or less solely for multiplayer. Games like UT3 would have more to offer.
  13. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    There are so many reviews now, all saying that the game is short. Nothing new though, all the CoD are a tad short.

5 hours on medium
    8 hours on hard
  14. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I must really suck at COD2 then...seemd like it took me a week or so of a few hrs a day to beat it on its hardest setting. The multiplayer is the reason to buy in all honesty, but I could only amass 50 kills per round avg. Most of the top players were in the 80-120 range.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  15. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I just realized that this game was announced in April of this year! How much game can you make in 7 months. Defiantly NOT next gen IMO.
  16. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    How long were they working on it before the announcement in April though?
  17. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    How many hours was Gears of War, 4? GoW was still a awesome game.
  18. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    i dunno know, but I am quite surprised how this anticipated game is announced and released in the same year.
  19. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    Eh, I just want it for the MP
  20. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Well the ign review says its about 5hrs on medium and if you play at a harder level maybe an extra 3 or 4 hours, well i think that they mustve been making that game for more than 7 months becasue there last game was COD2 on PC you seen the graphics and physics they look good but it must have a low price tag to be able to back up the quick single player.

Gears of War was about 10 hours well maybe less but it was okay the gameplay wasnt so ground breaking but freaking good graphics still some of the best on 360. It just got annoying the 8 person multiplayer was boring and even playing it again when you knew what would happen. Also the fact that the chainsaw was annoying to work and just quicker to blast rounds into them locust. I think the PC version will be good because it will fix the annoying trying to get cover it wont let you and the chainsaw .

Aside from me bashing Gears i actually liked the game first play through

I think there's many more games to buy like Mass Effect, Crysis, Hellgate (not so much) and Gears on PC, ive even pre orderd Smackdown and i want to get Assassin Creed for me to even consider forking out £40 for 5hrs on my 360 is ridiculous lol id laugh at how bad my pc would struggle to play COD4.
  21. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Well, I just bought CoD4 today at about 1pm est...and i played it for about 2 hrs on single player, got pretty far, but just went to play multiplayer after that. Its amazing!!! definitely a game to get for online. although it is kinda fun to play by yourself every once and a while. graphix are amazing with my 8800gts on xp. so yes it is dx9. but still, quite astonishing graphix. tis very fun to play so far. but yes, online is the best part of that game...if you install punk buster also...
  22. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    At least you can get into the multi. Lots of folks, including myself just get repeated ten second server timeouts.

I love how in the Readme, they say that they don't support port forwarding and have no information to provide.
  23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    This game requires that port 28960 be opened for both UDP and TCP. :toast:
  24. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    It still has connection issues.

It's all over the CharlieDelta boards and many other places.

IW was just tinkering with the master server earlier, but did not fix the timeout problem.
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man. I was hoping the port thing would work. I still have the same problem. I can only connect to one or two servers. Oh well. Guess that will give me some time to beat the single player before the multi takes over my life.