1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mindweaver, May 2, 2014.

1. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn't buy Ghost, but this look promising!

HammerON says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you say it like an average CoD gamer, you sound like a crow

CoDAW! CoDAWWW!

Also Kevin Spacey is my most favourite actor in the entire world (He's blatantly playing Frank Underwood from House of Cards). Now I hate him for lowering himself to this level...

3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I am waiting for Tom Clancy's Call of Duty XI: Advanced Tactical WarFighter X-Treem SOCOM IV: The Reckoning.

Easy Rhino and rtwjunkie say thanks.
  4. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Will it come with spyware like Battlefield 2142 or was it really Big Brother Simulator 2142

5. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    The Wait Begins

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    He's in my top 5 for me. Denzel Washington is still my favourite.

---

I'm hopeful for this but then I was hopeful for Ghosts as well, and just look at how well that turned out.....

7. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Trailer looks cool. But "Advanced Warfare" could have been scrapped for something better.

8. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    HoC is really good and Kevin makes the show. I've not watched the 2nd season yet, but I will soon. And as much as I hate to jump back on the band wagon... This looks good to me. I welcome all futuristic games. I can't what for a new 2142 and the new starwars battlefront. :toast: They have the money to fix all the problems in COD and the one major problem everyone had was an old engine and it looks like they are actually making it better. So, I'm all for improvement. Now, I'm just interested in the SP mode.. I'll stick to BF4 for my MP mode.

RCoon says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Havent bought a CoD since MW2. Looking forward to this one too. The new 3 year development cycle should be good for the series. Hopefully this one will be what CoD4 was to last generation.

10. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Strange that though not full coverage, these exo suits seem to give those wearing them WAY more leaping ability than the soldiers in Crysis games. Wonder how they're going to handle being shot at. As always, seems increasingly more over the top with each CoD installment. The characters in control are always larger than life egomaniacs, and the tech off the charts. It would be a disgrace to Tom Clancy to put ANY of their ideas under his name, that is IF they could, which they can't of course. If there's one thing we can say about Ubi, at least they kept Clancy's name from falling into worse hands.

Although I get what they're saying about some countries not being ready for democracy, such as Russia having pretty much a pseudo democratic system, I'm not sure they're capable of telling such a story without that cheesy B action movie feeling, despite the caliber of stars they're bringing in. They must have paid Spacey a lot for him to stoop to this.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that despite talking about a new 3 yr dev cycle, they keep referring to their future releases as coming out one year after another? Are they trying to convince us they've somehow staggered projects to work on them 3 years each, but still release one installment every year?

It's almost looking like they really mean "We thought this title up 3 years ago, but rushed out it's development this year."

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  11. Zakin

Thanks Received:
    They have three development teams now, it's not staggered, one game is finished and then that team begins to develop for the next three years or so. Sledgehammer has been working on this since shortly after Modern Warfare 3's completion/release.

12. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Every year there will be an "new" CoD. Prepare your minds and wallets!

13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome! Complete bombardment of the internet with CoD advertising. Uck...

14. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    You love it!

15. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Not too impressed overall, the whole concept smells like a fusion of DeusEx & Ghost In The Shell with a Ubisoft moniker that failed to deliver on such a terrible level because ubisoft ignored feedback from the community.

There is a very small chance i will buy another CoD title and even the points below might not sway me enough to purchase it given how much animosity Activision has for PC gamers.

Not buying unless they bring back:

1. Dedicated servers - no P2P matchmaking bullshit
    2. 64 or at least 32 player cap - Just like the good old CoDs
    3. better/more graphical options for the PC version - at least give us an FOV slider
    4. Give SDKs to the community - let the community enjoy your game the way it was ment to be enjoyed and not just by the people in your studio who develop the game. Remember the days of CoD4 where we had maps ported from MoH, Quake & custom made maps from random movies such as The Rock (1996) & Saving Private Ryan - there must be hundreds of custom maps for CoD:4

Unfortunately i dont think Activision are going to give back any of these previous 'features' that were available on some of the better CoD games

PHaS3 says thanks.
  16. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I remember the days of playing 64 player on that map on CoD4 that was pretty much a big training area (cant remember the name) and it was a nade fest. Never seen so many nades flying in the air before in a game.

17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    *ahem*

^ loads of videos like this on YT

64K says thanks.
  18. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    Probably the same gfx engine used yet again.

19. Devon68

Devon68

Thanks Received:
    Seen this video on game debate yesterday. It looks good but until the game is out I cant judge it only by the trailer.

20. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the gfx look obsolete and kevin spacey is a cheap hoe, hes even in some crap polish commercials lately.
    Not that I don't love him for his acting but come on...

21. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Single player looks like it could be fun with some new toys/abilities. I actually have never played a multiplayer game within the COD world, only CRYSIS and BF series...
    Kevin Spacey rocks - "The Usual Suspects"

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    the ball has really dropped on CoD games, the earlier CoDs are always better than the newer editions/remakes

I loved CoD1 - spent 3 years playing almost nothing but that and it was an awesome game with a really awesome community
    CoD2 - was ok, for some reason i just couldnt stand the game, only played it with friends
    CoD3 - was only released for console but the game was pretty much CoD1 but port to console. - Never played it
    CoD4 - good game decent community, devs gave sdk tools to develop our own mods and maps and made it into an extremely fun game
    CoD:WaW - good game, but felt a little stale as the community wasnt allowed to port maps over and were only allowed to mod the co-op side of the game which while fun and a decent idea, didnt make multiplayer more fun

every CoD after this just sucked major balls - Its the part of the stage where IW started focusing more on the console market and the game just went to poop.

People complain about kill & death streaks - they say they want a stripped down game one where its gun on gun and skill vs skill without any kill/death streaks getting them bonus kills. but people who complain dont actually realise that this game mode existed long before the whole inception of kill or death streaks.

watch some early videos of CoD1 and you will see how much fun it was.

64K says thanks.
  23. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I usually liked the singleplayer in CoDs until WaW and afterwards. The single player was usually well written (ish). Then in the new ones they just went full on potatoes and tried really really hard to put the "shock factor" in every single mission in the story mode to make it more shocking and hit home. But it didn't. They just murdered a load of people in an airport for "shock factor" and had a few nukes go off for a little shock and awe moment.

In CoD 1 I was shocked and on the edge of my seat while my character was hiding behind a cow's corpse to shelter myself from the artillery, because in hard mode it was actually hard. Those were the days, when 360 noscope trickshot MLG Pro darksl4yer xXx didn't exist. I will never be interested in another CoD game ever again. It's merely a development machine now, nobody feels like love and hardship have gone into making the game.

Props to them though, they're capable of bringing out a MP game without game breaking bugs that last months after release, and instead of fixing it they bring out DLC instead *cough* DICE *cough*

24. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but that would also mean they can start development of each separate team one year apart, which would still mean one release each year. EG staggering each project so that despite the 3 yr cycle, each team's work is released one year apart. Seems to me that's what they're doing because they still talk in terms of one release each year.

25. D R E N

D R E N

Thanks Received:
    I haven't bought a Call of Duty since ever... so I figure this one will probably the one that I hop on the band wagon for. Plus, I've loved Kevin Spacey ever since seeing the movie K-Pax years ago...