1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call Of Duty : Black Ops (official thread)

Discussion in 'Games' started by phenomenon1991, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    tried that ive tried 3 drivers none helped im running 263.06 now the game runs fine with out shadows but with them on ill get lag when zooming and moving fast.

2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Or also seeing brand new jeep wranglers in the 1960's. So my older machine was playing this better then my new one on-line.
    Checked the settings and had to go to bilinear instead of Tri. Still looks great and everything is maxed except that.
    What do you lose going to bilinear ? I'm happy where it is set just wondering.

3. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    That, and the M16 they use in this game appears to be the M16A1 - which was full auto, not burst like it is in MP.

And they shouldn't spend tens/hundreds of thousands on voice actors, they should just get some random Russians who speak a little English; it would sound more realistic :/

4. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    The full auto / burst problem is not an issue. Different versions during that time came in different configurations. Typically the A1 was auto / single. The way we can tell it is an A1 is the forward assist is there, but the rear sight aperture is of the old style (A1). The game uses 20rd straight mags, which were common during the time, but counts the mag as holding 30rds. WTF.

Yeah there get their facts wrong a bit, but come on, not like they had ACOG's either, or red dots, or guided handheld missiles, or digital wrist watches, or PCB's, or Valkyrie rockets, or MP5's or CZ-75's, or half of the other guns wrong, now did they? O wait, they had all those wrong. Oops. :shadedshu

Crusader says thanks.
  5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke New Member

Thanks Received:
    i must play this game.
    all i hear on the net is cod black ops this and that lol

6. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I like Gary Oldman as Reznov :rockout:

7. Recostar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Call of Duty : Black OPS 3D video Trailer - plus I would like to introduce myself.

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself to the community members here . I am 32 years old and in school for upgrading . I love 3D and have been supporting it for some time now. I do support all forms of 3D (PC,Console) . Currently I am playing World of Warcraft on the PC in 3D and Black ops on Xbox360, so feel free to add me if you would like.My user name is Recostar , I would love to meet more people with 3D setups. I have been creating 3D videos/Review for awhile now and really enjoy doing it, I find it very challenging and exiting. I always look forward to new projects and want to continue to create new 3D content for people to watch.

I have recently created a Call of Duty :Black Ops trailer completely in 3D !! It took me about 8 hours to do, for the most part I'm happy with the results. If your interested in seeing it you can follow the link below.

***PLs keep in my that if you do not have a 3D monitor the only way you can watch this is with the Red/Cyan glasses, this is the worst way to see the video and it was not intended to be viewed this way .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7NsMtkjdg

Feel free to leave your opinion , I am always looking for new ways to improve .

You can find me on XBOX360 , My gamer tag is Recostar. Look forward to chatting with you guys.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome aboard. Watch out for Sneetypeet and Erocker. They are like those weird uncles you're parents never talked about.

Also fill out your specs.

9. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to tpu Recostar

I'm DrPepper and I love Sprite. (and boobs)

10. Recostar New Member

Thanks Received:
    opps, sry forgot to put my System specs in, thanks for having me :)

11. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Also make sure you tick the box at the bottom I believe so it displays them.

12. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    What, you mean the uncles your mum would never let babysit you? :D

Hi m8. Add me on XBL : HookeyStreetSr ;)

13. Recostar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good man, I'll be on later tonight and maybe we can have a few round of Call of duty:Black ops (If you have it) Unfortunately Black ops is the only game I have..lol . Ow wait, I have fable II as well.

14. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Is 3D beneficial to gameplay?

15. Recostar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now that is a hard question to answer, If you mean beneficial in a way that allows the user to have an advantage or play the game better, then regretfully I would have to say no.

Now if I was to say that in the 3D community forums I would get my head bitten off , I love 3D but I won't miss lead a person for the sake of trying to put 3D on a pedastule.
    There are certain times that knowing the exact distance of an object adjacent to you can give you a small edge , but those times are very few and far apart.

Now if you mean beneficial like how it changes your perspective when playing the game , then I would say Absolutely ,100%. Immersion, its the number #1 thing you gain from playing in 3D , it puts you in the game. Its hard to explain because people think to themselves "wait a minute, I've seen Avatar and I didn't feel like I was in the Movie and it was 3D" .One thing you have to understand is that gaming in 3D is completely different then watching a movie in 3D.

When you control your environment everything comes to life, and there is different types of 3D as well. I love "POP Out", which basically means your character comes out of the screen. My Warlock comes about 4 inches out of the screen and it produces an almost holographic effect.

A while ago I created a video in the attempt to try and explain to viewers that haven't played games in 3D what they can expect from it. Now I'll post it here but pls keep in mind this was an older video made around the time I first started posting youtube videos.

Heres the link ,I hope it sheds some light for you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/recostar1#p/a/u/0/ndRuWQEiews

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    digibucc and n-ster say thanks.
  16. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Forgot to say Welcome to TPU and you definitively will be a good addition to our forums :p

Thanks for that post btw, much appreciated and it helped ;)

Now if 3D could be cheaper, I'd be all over it lol

17. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    cool, yeah ive got blops :rockout:

come and join m8: XBOX360 owner clubhouse, come on in ;)

18. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Recostar
    Welcome to TPU! Nice stuff your into there! 3D is kewl stuff...waiting like a kid for candy to have a glasses free technology hit the scene :toast:

19. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    You had me at hello!

20. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG] :laugh:

Welcome to TPU, enjoy your stay!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Irish_PXzyan says thanks.
  21. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    from my experience on black ops in 3d absolutely not. It destroyed the resolution and textures and made it abnormally dark for some reason??? Super Stardust HD in 3d however is awesome in 3d and it does make the game fun though i think a lil' bit harder.

And welcome to TPU good sir :)

22. Recostar New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is definitely coming ,Glasses free will be the future of 3D.

23. Recostar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you playing it on a console ? playing Black Ops in 3D on a PC doesn't effect the resolution . It might be a little different for consoles. As soon as I get my capture card I'll be able to do comparison videos.

24. Recostar New Member

Thanks Received:
  25. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    multi-quote, don't triple post :eek: