1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call Of Duty : Black Ops (official thread)

Discussion in 'Games' started by phenomenon1991, Sep 8, 2010.

1. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I think I did it in about 8, playing it for 2 hours a time over 4 evenings :confused: The storyline is good. Not sure if I think its better than the Modern Warfare 2 plot, but I still enjoyed it :)

Unlocking perks that bling up your gun with stickers is pathetic. Im the same as you, prefer functional perks that help me kill others :D

2. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    How long did CoD4 or MW2 take for you to beat? If it was around the same, the game is overpriced, yet again. I happily paid $40 for CoD4. I will not pay a dime more for the same or less features and content.

3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    EA got MOH and Bad company now, see the tables have turned :toast:

4. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1 to this

I got two copies of CoD4 (one each for me and the woman) and I think the total price I paid was about $95 with taxes....that was years and years ago when it first came out.

Now I'm supposed to throw $60 at a console port??

I doubt it. :shadedshu :nutkick:

5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    really i played at least 300-400hours of COD4 but never bought it, got it off a friend :toast:

i bought cod6 and havent finished the story, im probabily the only one who has done that :D

6. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    I think it generally takes me 7 hours. So its probably the same with this CoD title.

This is what Black Ops has to offer (me personally lol)

Short(ish) but fun SP campaign.

Possible good MP (I havent had the chance to play it that much...maybe an hour tops last night, but what I saw was good)

Zombie mode (this gave me hours of fun and stress on World At War) - 2 maps are available so far. One is unlocked from the start and the other is available upon completion of the SP campaign. The 2nd one is The Pentagon attack mode ;)

Dead Ops Arcade - a top/side down zombie shooter thats great fun.

But, like I say, this is what I like. If you REALLY must play this, but cant justify the price tag (which is high), grab it when its on a deal ;) Dont you have launch day deals like we do here in the UK? Black Ops will retail at around £45 in the UK, but, if you grab it from the supermarket early Tuesday morning, you can get it for only £27.....which to me is a good price ;)

7. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    or shop online after 1 month those lines are too big for no reason :toast:

8. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    The trouble with that is the fact that ALL CoD titles hold their value. So in a months time you will still be paying £40 for Black Ops :(

Go and look at the retail price of Modern Warfare 2 still and even the amount you pay for it used on ebay :eek:

9. random

random

Thanks Received:
    The price on the original Modern Warfare is still $50.00 AUD ... which is pretty ridiculous, even BFBC2 has a tonne more content and yet it's cheaper to buy. If you do the math, it makes no sense at all until you start considering its mainstream fan-base.

10. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know. Personally, i hated anything more than a 10v10. I like to play inter-clan matches. Anythign mroe than 7v7 is a headache for the match leader. 18 slots is juuuuuuuuuust nice for me. I found that on my 20 slot with COD4, 20 was all i ever needed.

Im happy with this.

11. random

random

Thanks Received:
    If there is too much people there is too much grenades. Nade spam turned me off from buying anymore modern warfare games, hopefully black ops will be a tad different.

12. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Too many people )more than 24, is sure chaos.

13. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    i just read that somebody said that activision is the new EA. but now that i read all this stuff (18 players max ect.) i have come to the conclusion the actvision is WORSE than EA. just look at MoH and bc2. and nfs:hp looks freaking awesome too. CoD:BO is just mw2 with dedicated servers to me. gameplay looks the same. and all the "buy yopur perks and weapons with ingame money" stuff is just lame. And the you will probably get an option to "buy" ingame money (10 euros for 10000 CoD dollar for example.)

and 60 euros?!?!?!?!?! wtf. i wont buy this game. not till i either have tons of money or its on sale.

14. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    I have to admit, Gun Game etc is f*cking addictive!!!!!!!

15. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Tell me more about the second Zombie map, whats the difference between it and the first one?

Thanks.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Well, you play as JFK etc for a start and your fending off zombies attacking the Pentagon. Ive only played it a couple of times and it plays the same as the other zombie modes, but one difference I have noticed is an annoying guy that pops up and steals your weapons! :eek:

17. Muhad

Muhad

Thanks Received:
    Can the camera mode be used by a teammate to spot for another teammate?

Currency mode, so if half the team keeps getting the money the other half of the team will quit?!

Is the PC version a port?

18. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Interesting. My question was more about the difference between the first map you get in BO before beating the game and the one you said is unlocked when you beat the game. What are the differences between those?

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    Yes, the PC version is a port, just like MW2.

20. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, the first map, the one available from the begining features the 4 soldiers from the original Nazi Zombies (well, from the 1st Map Pack onwards....Dempsey, Richtofen etc) and is set in a Nazi theatre. The 2nd map, called 'Five' is set in the Pentagon and stars JFK, Nixon etc.

1) I havent tried the camera yet, so I dont know.

2) Im not quite sure what your saying :confused: If you kill enemies, you earn cash. If your team wins, you earn cash, simples :D

3) Yep, I hear its a port :(

PS: you cant just earn cash and buy the best weapons. You do still have to reach a certain rank before certain items are unlocked ;)

21. alexsubri

alexsubri

Thanks Received:

- Camera mode is when you kill an enemy --it will record it (ex in CSS you can press F5 to record your death) In the game there will be a section where you can edit your kills

-Currency Mode is called betting. Where it has three types of modes (one is with one bullet and handgun then knife. 2nd is crossbow and knives 3rd is all sub machine/sub hanguns. If you make a bet and you make the top 3 out of how many people are playing you get the most cash, however if you get stabbed in the back with a knife you will loose all your money. This reminds me of a CSS mod, I cannot remember the name, but it was one of my favorites.

-It will be balanced

22. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    'kill cam'?

23. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Thats incorrect m8.

In BO you get a Camera Spike Perk (remote camera view that can be placed, then toggled on and off).

Wager matches go like this and the currency you bet with are called COD points:

You buy yourself into the match (Ante Up, Weekend Gambler or High Roller - all with various buy in amounts) and the game modes are as follows:

1) One In The Chamber - One bullet in the chamber, a knife, three lives and instant kills. Players receive a bullet after each kill.

2) Sticks And Stones - You get a crossbow, a Ballistic Knife and a Tomahawk. Kill Players to score points. Get Tomahawk kills to reset enemy score to zero.

3) Gun Game - Kill players with your weapon to advance to the next weapon. First to get a kill with each weapon wins.

4) Sharpshooter - Weapons cycle each 45 seconds. Kill players to score points. Gain Perks for getting Killstreaks.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  24. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I spent a few hours yesterday with THE writer of the Campaign. All i can say is i CANNOT WAIT.

25. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Nice. Yeah, it has a good storyline. A bit trippy in places ;) I hope he didnt ruin it for you ;)