1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call Of Duty Ghosts new engine

Discussion in 'Games' started by H82LUZ73, May 22, 2013.

1. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    For all those that had doubts about AMD being in a hold pattern for new console ,You might want to look at this video of Call Of Duty Ghosts and the new graphics engine they made for NEW CONSOLES ,That means DX 11 finally for COD players.Just look at them round edges and the lighting effects.This might be my first COD game in 4 years.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_382008&feature=iv&src_vid=Zxnx3W-HA18&v=B00xKmtyfaY

Yes all new consoles are running AMD hardware just think of what the new pc cards from AMD will do.........When the hold is over and PS4/XBOX 720 etc etc are out and games and hardware have caught up.

Here is the official trailer 11/5/13 release date at end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zxnx3W-HA18

HammerON says thanks.
  2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What if AMD decides to kill PC gaming, because they own console gaming now?

AlienIsGOD and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    5%-30% more performance

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Black.Raven

Black.Raven

Thanks Received:
    Of course, on the moment the consoles will be powerfull to run the newest games again. but if we are some series further you would say that normal pc dedicated cards should be stronger.

then you have the whole steam community that buys on steam, they will need graphics card from amd or nvidia. that's business for them.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I'm also thinking of jumping on COD for a while. New engine might mean ggz like with MW1.
    Would be perfect for me to wait out all the hype about BF4/BF4 Limited Edition/ BF4 PREMIUM / BF4 VIP drops down and decide if its even worth any money.

THE_EGG says thanks.
  6. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting. After watching the video I was thinking the graphics look similar to Crysis. I am anxiously awaiting to see what new games will look/play like with the new consoles coming out soon (but playing on the pc). I liked BF3 and look forward to BF4 with the new Frostbite 3 engine:)
    Didn't care for the recent COD games, but I will try this one out.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    I was expecting to see sample gameplay. We've had these gfx on PC's for years now. What I'm hoping for is not parity between consoles and high end PC's but the same advancement PC's have over current consoles.

Time will tell but the clear winner should be AMD and the consoles. Let's hope Wizzard's comment doesn't ring true...

8. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Yeah should be a good hold over until March 2014 when those super BF4 editions come out.

As for the other comments

First Wizzards

yeah Have thought about that for awhile,But you don`t put this much work into next gen consoles ,then hold out on the pc when we all know there is a next gen pcie cards due out.remember these consoles are in between 6970-7970 to pc users.......

Black Raven
    nicest post yet....True about STEAM but why is it when Nvidia release new cards first they tend to lack in performance (That is including the 780,no not saying they lack now on this gen games ,they pulled ahead with titan,but really you gonna spend 2 grand to have a 12 inch e peen for 4 months,then spend another grand on a XBOX or PS4) They want cash flow while they can still milk them followers.It might be on top for now but after the consoles and next gen games hit it will be equal ground with AMD slightly ahead or they break even.Or they really have some hardware horsepower wars,Not hiding behind some software like CUDA or what ever AMD uses .......

I`m really saying if AMD has next gen pcie cards don`t think for moment that they worked hand and hand for ounce (Like Nivida does) with the game companies,Why do you think Nvidia games always seem to favour those cards.Yet AMD lags behind or the other way around,Maybe now these next generation games will favour both camps

PS
    Yes PCs are the elite upper class of gaming,But has it not been for the consoles using DX9 for how long now?...... These new ones means NO MORE LAME DX9 Games that get built for both consoles and PC with hints or add in DX10-11 .....ALL DX11 from here on out.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  9. Red_or_Dead

Red_or_Dead New Member

Thanks Received:

They own console gaming for now. They wouldnt dare kick the bucket from under their own feet.......

..... Would they?

10. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I think my statement had validity. The 8970 is a 7970 remake with a clock boost so I said 5% as the minimum. The 6970-7970 was a 26% boost so I said 30% as a possibility. Maybe 40% with amd coding. I really don't expect much from this.

[​IMG]

Look at my specs. I also happen to have two 7930's right now. Only nvidea card I had was a 9800gt, that was 3 gpu upgrades ago. Don't be so quick to judge.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Really, you've already reverted to slightly narrow minded insults? I left AMD because of poor performance on crossfire 7970 on some games. I didn't spend all that money to be lied to by a company wondering why when most reviews said I would be getting high fps the frames were choppy. Nvidia didn't milk me - AMD pissed in my face.

Software is all part of the process. Open programming would benefit all but it's a business market out there. Nvidia push CUDA for many reasons. It's unlikely AMD and Nvidia will ever hold hands and try to make all gamers happy. That's just not business.

I do think AMD may well come out faster next gen with their hardware and I would truly love to see their software working better. Speaking personally, my vice is my PC. I'll spend what I want on it and though my current card is the best I've had to date, it wouldn't stop me buying AMD again if their next gen offered me more.
    But even if AMD work with games developers they don't always get it right -look at FC3, it's a bitch on AMD hardware.

However, on topic, the game trailer doesn't tell us enough. I had to laugh at the dev video when they said they had advanced AI - fish swim away from you :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: wow. As for the graphics, fingers crossed this is not a pre-scripted render fest of prettiness.

12. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    All that video shows me is pre-rendered scenes that look average at best

13. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, I agree I'm really interested as well! I can still remember looking at how awesome COD 2 on the XBox 360 at launch looked which in turn made it even better for PC. :toast: I expect Ghost on the new console will be even more amazing. I wasn't going to buy it with out a new engine, but now with a new engine I'll get it. I still think graphics wise BF4 will be the game to beat. :toast: I'd still take BF2143 over all of them.. hehehe :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    DX11 is currently on Black Ops 2 on PC already.

However, this CoD I might actually get. I like the stealth aspect of it.

15. angryblanket

angryblanket New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm having a hard time seeing the new engine..all the guns have the same looking models and the characters don't look any better than they do in previous iterations. Most likely pass on this one and wait for the free steam weekends.

16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Just seen this on reddit, made me laugh a bit

[​IMG]

THE_EGG, MxPhenom 216, KainXS and 2 others say thanks.
  17. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

Looking good wonder if gameplay will be up to bf standards.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  18. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I was not all that impressed visually, this game would have to dominate in gameplay to be buy me game to me.

19. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  20. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
  21. erocker

Thanks Received:
    If they were smart, they do what Bethesda does. Rename their engines!

22. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Was about to post this but you beat me to the punch!

I personally think Frosbite 3 is looking better, but we all know COD will sell billions so Activision will keep pulling this trick every year, I mean, graphics are not "bad" but I wouldn't call the tech behind it revolutionary by any means....

23. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I think CoD looks very good! There are a few things where it shows its age but I guess that's why they update the engine... which is a very good engine. Not to mention CoD is superior to BF3 when it comes to netcode (hit detection, load balance, etc.). Though, I have played about 400 hours more BF3 than CoD in the past couple years! lol.

jmcslob says thanks.
  24. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    5 Million points folded for TPU
  25. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    This engine is basically what Windows 8 is to Windows Vista...Its refined and nice but at its core its basically the same thing...

One thing I'm really happy about is this will be available on the new consoles and console players will finally get to see how bad P2P is when your hardware is fast enough to show you how bad P2P really is...

Xbox players have to pay to play P2P and I hope they demand more for their money...It seems like it works well when your not moving as fast as we PC players do but when that comes to an end I hope P2P goes along with it..