1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by mudkip, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:

I have respect for all platforms.:p(besides cellphone gaming)

2. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    And you won't be getting L4D2 as well. Censorship is bad. :(

I don't feel the need to get Mw2, I've got plenty of good single player games still to be played.

3. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Ive probably been playing multiplayer games since you were in kindergarten. I do very well in client / host. This is just an example of the servers lying about ping, giving a distrustful ping back to the server tracker so that it can be more popular.

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    oh we have L4D2. the zombies just fade into nothing the moment they die...

no its a valid ping response given, but as soon as bandwidth requried exceeds bandwidth available from the host - it lags out.

ping in optimal conditions =/= ping in a 9v9 with many bullets

5. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    i know exactly what you mean, but it is just an example of the problems I have. Don't get me wrong, I do see the advantages that they give, i'm not blind.
    How exactly does Xbox live connect to one another? They seem to love their connections just fine.

6. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    they dont know any better, they cant do anything about it or they love lag. that's all there is to it when it comes to Xbox live and people that love it.

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    When was the last time you played a good mod on Xbox?

8. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I'm not really much of a mod person. The last mod I played? Dark Forces II Jedi Knights "Build Mod".
    Im more of a person that likes to get good at the original game.

9. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    They are stupid and don't know anything better. See post below.

Also XBox360 online is far different than what it's like on the PC. Why? It's got optimized packet code for the 360. The PC will send shit code across the web. People who've played Street Fighter 4 PC vs console should know exactly what I mean. I wish some people would stop supporting the removal of basic freedoms PC gamers should have.

The PC gaming community and PC gaming online is a different market and it's a different playing field. Ports always suck online because of unoptimized netcode, and making a game that restricts hosted control to nothing is like telling hackers/griefers that it's party time. Seems like Someonex2 is just having a hard time coming to terms with his anticipated game title sucking. Since when has this been a new occurance? Gamers have been getting shafted more and more and more and more over the years whenever the industry thinks they can milk a game/type or franchise.

10. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    that is 3870x2 good sir. Seems like you are haveing a hard time coming to terms with me having a hard time coming to terms of my anticipated game title sucking. We aren't being shafted of anything, like I said, the developers don't owe you, your bother, mother, or father, jack shit.

EDIT: I am having a hard time coming to terms that the fact that IW let something like MARTYRDOM happen. Martyrdom was probably concocted on 4-20.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  11. EchoMan New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you feel you aren't being shafted by lack of features from the latest product offering compared to previous products a company has made you're cracked; and that's exactly what is wrong with todays society and economy as a whole. The general public or consumer continually seems to take it in the rear time and time again. Pay more, get less and never bother to demand the lube be mandatory.

If you feel companies aren't obligated to always strive to produce better products every product cycle, see above.

The market made them, and they owe the market, that's you and me, everything.

:ohwell:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  12. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    -------

some very good points were made (lets try & keep this civil please guys, refrain from bashing one another) where as IW doesnt owe us anything - it is still within their interest that they make a game that people will ENJOY so they can profit from. & the Equasion works out like this...

Win=Win:

Hard earned cash + Good game = More cash spent on expansions/sequals = a happy gamer & happy Studios

Fail=Fail:

Hard earned cash + terribly shit game = pissed off player whose fucking irate because hes left out of pocket & because the studios decided to do what THEY wanted to do & make a fail game rather then bake a cake of WIN that it can share with the masses & reap the rewards & praise.

so to quote you
    Im sorry but I dont agree, We ARE being shafted - but in a sense its half a shaft since the game hasnt been released yet - BUT the people who go out & buy the game will BE shafted.

so your damned if you dont & damned if you do - if you know what I mean. Im not trying to argue with you. Im just saying that that seems to be the general point of view with everyone else who have been waiting for the game & are annoyed with whats become of it

13. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    Martydom isnt in MW2.......... probably the only thing they did right.

14. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    thank god.

This is civil, we arent being assholes, pretty much just poking each other. If you are worried about IW making a crappy game to spend your money on, let me give you a list of recent games you should be griping about instead:

Raven Squad Shooter 2.0 Sep 3, 2009
    Darkest of Days Shooter 4.0 Sep 9, 2009
    WarpForce RPG 4.0 Aug 24, 2009
    Dreamkiller Shooter 4.2 Oct 22, 2009
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Republic Heroes Action 4.8 Oct 6, 2009
    Watchmen: The End is Nigh -- Part 2 Action 5.0 Aug 26, 2009
    CrimeCraft Action 5.6 Oct 9, 2009
    Heroes Over Europe Flight Action 6.0 Sep 25, 2009
    FIFA Soccer 10 Sports 7.0 Oct 21, 2009
    Tales of Monkey Island -- Chapter 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood Adventure 7.2 Oct 30, 2009
    Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Episode 4: The Bogey Man Adventure 7.2 Aug 20, 2009

If you think this is being un-civil, you should see us debate :toast:

That is just IT: nothing has become of it yet, not until the 11th !!

15. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    Some shops have begone selling MW2 already apparently. I think Gamestop got the green light.

One not too pleased customer?

16. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    really, gamestop received it before the reviewers?

17. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    Reviewers are embargoed they are not allowed to talk about the game.

18. Binge

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't matter what the devs want because even if they felt entitled to do quality work it only matters what their bosses want. The publishers owe it to us because we buy their sh!t.

19. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
  20. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    There is always a simple fix to that: buy something else. Best we can do is hope. The single player on cod4 was fairly impressive, and worth the money, and the multiplayer is a great addition to that.

21. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Reminds me of something my friends' Dad always says: Well, wish (or hope) in one hand and crap in the other, then see which one fills up sooner.

22. Binge

Thanks Received:
    WHOA NO WAY!?! boycott? What am I two years old? I know how not to spend my money. In the past 5 years no single player mode in fps game has given me the enjoyment that was "worth the money" until boarderlands.

23. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i agree with binge there.
    BUT guys no-one will hear us cry about how this is bad for us PC gamers since...well COD is a successful title and there hardcore fans will buy it even they have heard about all this changes, they don't give a damn they would just buy it because there fanboys.
    You can gurantee the console version will give them millions since they have probably targeted the console area because millions of people have consoles,parents little kids can play on the console if they want since there cheaper than building a good desktop to run it.

I just hate the fact most companies are making lot of FPS games for consoles..crysis 2 is now multi-platform, half life was PC exclusive and then valve decide to release there games onto the 360 and PS3 with orange box..We are losing are precious FPS games to consoles its unfair.

24. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel like I must play this game. Pay any money for it? Nope! Anyone want to join me in some teamkilling awesomeness? I'd like to see what it takes to kick/ban an unruly player from the game.

25. Master_of_Time

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Martyrdom IS in MW2. It is a deathstreak.