1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by mudkip, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    pirates will dominate the pc version

2. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I can identify with you on that. Would you shell out $50 for megaman today? things change, and now that we see multiplayer not as an addition, but a basic part of a game, it changes things. Still, the COD4 single player was fairly epic compared to many other games i've paid out $50 for. Some of the story was jawdropping. Moments like that are worth a bit of money sometimes.

Speaking of borderlands, how would you compare it to fallout 3? (even if it is an apple to tangerine comparison)

3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I do agree that MP has become a basic element of a modern game, which is a plus when executed right. I do agree the SP in CoD4 rocked, it was one of the more epic feeling SP experiences I've enjoyed yet...hard saying when I'll pick up MW2 to find out what it's like...I'm thinking bargain bin or g2play later on.

I enjoyed FO3 quite a bit, but VATS and the almost "slow mo" gameplay left me wanting a better shooter...FO3 excels in raw size and story imo, but Borderlands is much better paced and much more of a well worked shooter. At least from my experience thus far...Borderlands for me is a much more enjoyable game.

4. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    I at least got equal playing time out of it. Fallout 3 has character interaction and decisions to be made, out of combat skills. Boarderlands matches it in the sense that the world is a freaking wasteland and there are creatures that have adapted to that, including humans. It's a bit like taking most of the puzzle out of Fallout 3, making the FPS element awesome, and adding a twist of Redneck humor.

5. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    too many good games coming out, and ive already pretty much made my choice for this round unfortunately: L4D2 (missed L4D entirely) and MW2. Some that are still on my list are: Borderlands, Dragon Age: Origins, resident evil 5, etc...

LOL, and who says PC gaming is dyeing? apparently, there are more highly rated games on the PC than any of the consoles combined. Also, there seems to be a higher combined average IQ in the PC gamers.

it seems like XBOX360 owners could get an empty disk that has HALO 4 smacked on it, and be happy as sh1t, so long as it gives you achievements and 500ms latency gameplay.

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I would so be onboard with you man but remember this is tied to VAC. I have WAY to many games at steak.

I find that really, REALLY hard to belive.

7. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I assume that would mean that valve would ban you from all valve multiplayer services altogether?

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Worse. Lock out my account. I have 55 games on my Valve account.

9. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    anything that can be done to unlock it? and what about games that are on steam, but do not use steam services, like COD4? I currently use a "system" that allows me to play without the disk in drive, but I still have all the original hardware in my bookshelf.

Speaking of valve, I should add some TPU players on steam, ive got only like 3 or so.

10. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    What the part that I liked CoD4's SP campaign? Or that I didn't like VATS and the gameplay pace in FO3? Or that I enjoy Borderlands more at this point in time? Believe it brother, that just happened!

:toast:

11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    If you buy a game in steam or it uses VAC you are screwed forever if you get caught cheating. You lose access to your whole account.

Nothing is better than FO3. And this is from an old school Quake player.

12. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    FO3 battles are very rocky, buggy, I almost find it a chore to combat or use vats. The shooting should have been smoother, this guy can only shoot 1 pistol shot per second, wtf?. I get 50+ FPS at all times no matter what, but when i move to vats, it goes to like 10FPS. Everything else is top notch though, still play it today.

13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I've never had that problem. The only issue I had is a nasty memory leak when I moved to a 64-bit OS.

14. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Nice, I don't hear many talk about the original Quake these days...now that game was revolutionary in my mind for fps games. I spent more hours than I'll ever care to admit in that game offline and online....ahh the days of 19.2k AOL...lol.

FO3 is an amazing game...I just don't like how parts of it work gameplay-wise. I still go back here and there, do a couple of quests and then move onto something more entertaining. Hell I bought 2 copies of the game, one for my ex (on release day) and one for me later on...so I can't say I hate the game, I just find other games much more entertaining. But in my eyes there are quite a few games I prefer over FO3, whether or not they're better in your eyes is up to you.

15. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    Proof? Or are you talking from experience?

Steam says otherwise: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4044-QDHJ-5691

Your not locked out of your account, just can't play on vac secured servers for any game. Single players still work and any multiplayer not dependent on vac or have vac turned off.

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  16. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Quick off topic question: I cant add favorites on COD4 multi. It says added, but shows nothing in favorites. Tried all sorts of servers.

17. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Have you refreshed your favorites list too? I know sometimes after I add a server it won't pop up till I do a list refresh...I'm sure you already have...but that fixes it for me.

18. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    yeah, ive added several servers, none show up.... Filters are default also.

19. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Not true. I got an account banned. I was playing CSS, so it banned all my SOURCE ONLINE activity. I could still play Portal, HL2, HL1, GTA etc. It only bans you from VAC secure servers on the game your were cheating on.

20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I stand corrected. Ether way its not something I wanna risk.

21. troyrae360

troyrae360 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't beleave a fellow TPU member would cheat!! :shadedshu

22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Bah! There are a lot of shady bastards on here.

23. EchoMan New Member

Thanks Received:
    VAC has nothing to do with griefing, only cheating. I'd imagine because of this and no kick voting mw2 doesn't have friendly fire anyways...

24. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Lol.. It was in my young days. A mate linked me to a site and we messed around on a server i owned for abit. Only lasted an hour or so and a month-ish later i got banned :(

I've learnt now though. I play better without them :D

Anyways, what engine does MW2 use? and whats the resolution on the Xbox version?

25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Same damn engine they used for CoD2. A highly modified Doom3 engine.