• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
I know TPU is a PC forum :rolleyes: But if we are talking about the game in general then the console versions can and will be mentioned. If the title said 'Modern Warfare 2 - PC version discussion' then I could understand where your coming from, but until then STFU, I can say what I want!

PS: dont call me a child!

You're assumption that I was talking about you says it all so let's try to keep from telling other people to "STFU" and I won't call anyone a child if they don't act like one.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
So you can say what you want but nobody else can? :rolleyes:

You couldn't make this crap up, roflmao :roll: :roll:

People can say what they want, I wasnt saying that he couldnt. But I felt he was having a go at me personally.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
I have heard nothing but good reviews from those that bought the game for the consoles, nothing but wows and yea damn goods. Got a good review from a PC gamer as well, but he did add that he only liked it because he got for a fraction of the price. If he paid full price he would have taken it back.

I think that is half the problem - they are charging a lot for (lets be honest) a hashed game for the PC, bring the price down and many PC users would be signing a different tune

Processor Intel Core i9 10980XE @ 4.7Ghz 1.2v
Motherboard ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
Cooling EK-Velocity D-RGB, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC WC
Storage M.2 990 Pro 1TB / 10TB WD RED Helium / 3x 860 2TB Evos
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 28"
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D SE Modded
Power Supply Cooler Master V Series 1300W
Software Windows 11
any one know how to change the nat type to open mines on strict

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
Always bet on Duke!

We need duke nukem to save pc gaming!

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
But, the console version is actually good. So its not bad news for everyone is it? 6 Hours to complete is fairly short, but obviously it does have to end at some point......then you hae the MP to keep you busy. The game developers know this and do focus on MP a lot more nowadays.

I understand the PC gamer feeling robbed and rightly so. But because the game isnt very good on the PC doesnt make it total shite!

You just don't get it. This isn't PC vs. console. This is about gamers vs. developers/publishers. But you keep buying into the hype and we will be playing pong with one paddle soon.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
You just don't get it. This isn't PC vs. console. This is about gamers vs. developers/publishers. But you keep buying into the hype and we will be playing pong with one paddle soon.

Why is it so wrong that I like the game? I know the hype machine can build up your hopes of something great, then let you down.....but I dont feel let down by Modern Warfare 2.

I think its because Im playing the console version. Im sure I would be very f*cking annoyed if I had been waiting ages for the PC version then dumped on from a great height!

But, as Im only a console gamer now, Im happy with the game. But that doesnt mean I dont understand why you guys are upset. Also, it wouldnt make any difference if I boycotted the game, or all PC gamers did, because its selling shit loads on console and thats what the devs are catering for now isnt it.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Why is it so wrong that I like the game? I know the hype machine can build up your hopes of something great, then let you down.....but I dont feel let down by Modern Warfare 2.

I think its because Im playing the console version. Im sure I would be very f*cking annoyed if I had been waiting ages for the PC version then dumped on from a great height!

But, as Im only a console gamer now, Im happy with the game. But that doesnt mean I dont understand why you guys are upset. Also, it wouldnt make any difference if I boycotted the game, or all PC gamers did, because its selling shit loads on console and thats what the devs are catering for now isnt it.

Again THIS ISNT ABOUT THE PC VERSION!!!!! ITS ABOUT OUR GAMING FUTURE! If they do not push the envelope for quality and tech we will enter into a "Dark Age" of gaming. WTF is so hard to understand?!

Chill, people. It's just he played more games on consoles than on PC. And, you played more games on PC than on consoles.

Developers will turn their heads eventually, piracy on xbox360 is going up really fast now.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Again THIS ISNT ABOUT THE PC VERSION!!!!! ITS ABOUT OUR GAMING FUTURE! If they do not push the envelope for quality and tech we will enter into a "Dark Age" of gaming. WTF is so hard to understand?!

So your not really talking about MW2 are you, you mean gaming as an whole. Also, do you mean the future of just PC gaming or console gaming too? Obviously, with consoles the devs are limited. So games like MW2 look pretty good on a console and not so good by high spec PC standards (when the console version is ported to the PC).

Personally, and I wish this wasnt the case, but I think PC gaming is dying and the publishers/developers know this :( Mainly because its those same companies that have caused this to happen.

Chill, people. It's just he played more games on consoles than on PC. And, you played more games on PC than on consoles.

Developers will turn their heads eventually, piracy on xbox360 is going up really fast now.

I used to be right into PC gaming (check my history on here and you will see), Ive even had a few kickass gaming rigs. But in the end I found I was spending too much cash on it and not getting enough back (ie f*cking Crysis......I couldnt even run that bitch nice with CrossFire and a OC'ed Quad Core!)

Yeah the games dont look as nice on a console, but for the small pricetag on a console, compared to mega £££'s on a GFX card, I can live with that.

System Name Junkamatic
Processor i7
Motherboard Z77
Cooling Thermaltake
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Evga GTX770
Storage 4 Seagate Satas
Display(s) VW266H
Case Lian-Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply Corsair HX1000w
Software W7
With almost seven billion people on this planet, you can sell anything!

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.

EchoMan

TBH I could see this coming, give you less and less, take previous features away, then make you pay for things like a console for commands on the PC, mouse/keyboard function. I'm not shocked it makes sense, and clearly as evident as of late with the latest release people are willing to pay for sub-standard products. It's what many companies in the world have been doing the last 10 years, restructuring, cutting costs, lay offs, and then finally charging more for their service or retail product, giving the consumer less then previous related products and adding additional service charges.

Last edited:

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Personally, and I wish this wasnt the case, but I think PC gaming is dying and the publishers/developers know this :( Mainly because its those same companies that have caused this to happen.

Really, the only reason why They would even stop thinking about developing for the PC is the fact that it's a "easier" dollar for them to be able to make it on Console... they don't have to worry about "what should be" and just make it the way they want. Like MW2. Now, I'm happy for the fact that they sold as much as they did, and so on.. But, To me, they did it for the money and nothing else.. But, like I said, is how I feel.. Hats off for IW to do what they did.. But, I think, they just ran to the bank with this one..

WiCz

Processor i7 965 ES
Motherboard P6T-SE
Memory 6Gb Corsair 1600C8
Video Card(s) 8800GTX
Power Supply Corsair HX620w
Software Win 7 x64
So your not really talking about MW2 are you, you mean gaming as an whole. Also, do you mean the future of just PC gaming or console gaming too?

That's exactly what he , myself and others are talking about!

It's not wrong for you to like a game, you can like and dislike whatever you like ( no pun intended )

The issue is that this game ( not just this game, but this one has a such a high profile it lends itself to the debate ) is sending a very clear message to the worldwide gaming community and that message is...

We will do what we like with our games and we will charge you exponentially for the priviledge of playing.

We will not provide you with what you have become accustomed to because our new business model ( the one we have recently introduced after you supported us thus far ) can milk you all far more effectively and give us control over how you can play, what you can play and when you can play it.

At any point in the future we can and will end the game at our whim and make you spend more cash as and when we feel we need a new car.

Basically they are ripping the guts out of the industry with a new model of make it quick, sell it at the highest possible price and make it short so you will be clammering for DLC!

I mean FFS, they ( IW ) are already telling the world they are adding the finishing touches to MW3. MW3 will of course be the other half of MW2 that the bean counters decided you were not going to have, not even for $60!!

Valve started the ball rolling with L4D and are now continuing with L4D2...3, e.t.c

This is all going to end up costing us gamers more money and ( for the pc users ) restricting how we can enjoy our games.

The only way to stop it is by voting with your wallet, not because you don't like a game, but because you don't like being treated like a cash machine!

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i just read elsewhere that MW2 made $310 million in 24 hours :eek: this should be a news story because ifyou compare it to hollywood, the fastest movie to make it to $300 million was the dark knight and it took 10 days! :eek:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
i just read elsewhere that MW2 made $310 million in 24 hours :eek: this should be a news story because ifyou compare it to hollywood movies, it took 10 days for the dark knight movie to make it past $300 million :eek:

At $60 bucks per game and millions of loyal CoD fans it makes sense.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
At $60 bucks per game and millions of loyal CoD fans it makes sense.

it makese "sense" but it f*cking unprecedented. you know what this means? more companies are gonna start raising their prices...

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Ya know me talking bad about the game isn't just about this game. Its the state of gaming all together. I care about video games. They have been my escape for almost 30 years.

Out of all them years the only time I ever saw the industry make the wrong move was in the early 80s and at the time I was to young to voice my opinion. All I knew was E.T. for the Atari was way to hard for me. If I knew then what I know now I would be a little exploding tower of nerd rage.

This CoD game might in fact be a lot of fun to play. But it also follows a very bad trend developers are latching on to. Socialized gaming. Instead of putting years into a game to make it a true sequel they just rehash an old engine and add some decent writing. Also they like to add shock value now just in case the plot doesn't work. Airport scene anyone?

So call me a whiner and a cry baby all you want. But I beg you to look at the bigger picture. If you buy this game you are contributing to developers new found attitude of "one size fits all".

I see exactly what your saying, but we really can't do much about it. As you know, all devs first priority is making money, its the objective. They could care less about you or me or even the entire industry for that matter. The majority of games that are being released are mulitplatform, and that ''one size fits all'' attitude is being expressed by many other devs. They will always aim for the bigger market(consoles). Do i agree that they're leaving alot of us ''core'' gamers out?, yes. But its gotten to the point where, as long as these ports and mulitplatform releases include AA and some good video setting options, then i have no problem with picking the game up. We can sit here all we want and talk about how IW has failed us, how the industry is releasing nothing but garbage ports, how the games are not utilizing all the potential our rigs have. But unless we can revolutionize that, we really don't have much of an option.

You think that just cause a couple of us don't buy the game or sign a petition is going to make them change there minds about the way they develop and market games?, its not gonna happen. Its them as a developer to make that change and insure that every gamer is covered, from the extreme tweakers and performance junkies to the pain old dedicated gamers. Until then, we got to take it like men and hope for the best out of those devs that actually care about us gamers.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
it makese "sense" but it f*cking unprecedented. you know what this means? more companies are gonna start raising their prices...

Yep, and there's nothing we can do about it. Society is an ignorant bitch.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
well, just don't pay for it.

Yup. But due to record smashing sales it will make little difference. The masses have their game. It is a pretty good game, I'll admit. Not worth the price tag though.

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
Yup. But due to record smashing sales it will make little difference. The masses have their game. It is a pretty good game, I'll admit. Not worth the price tag though.

Arguable. I dont agree with $60, I agree more with $50, like every other computer game. I shelled out the money nonetheless.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Arguable. I dont agree with $60, I agree more with $50, like every other computer game. I shelled out the money nonetheless.

Indeed... and I agree with you. :toast:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
ive definately spent more money on video games this year than any other year in my life. hrm...i smell a poll...

Status
Not open for further replies.