1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by mudkip, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i nEeD HeLp New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont want to sound like some sick guy or something, :D but that mission is kinda fun.

anyways you get a choice if you want to play it or skip it
  2. El_Mayo

El_Mayo

Thanks Received:
    why? why isn't it compulsary?
  3. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    The thing is, what is the point of the mission? It doesn't feel anything like "Call of Duty".
  4. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    To be perfectly honest, that mission makes me want to get the game. I know, you probably think I'm fucked up.. But mowing people down is why I play FPS games.
    Xazax says thanks.
  5. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    To give you the perspective of Makarov. In the mission you are actually undercover as a terrorist, and are forced to partake in that event.
    ShadowFold says thanks.
  6. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    That doesn't sound Call of Duty. It smells CIA.
  7. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Well keep in mind that the other COD's don't really have a story, they just follow a guy through the events of WWII.
    El_Mayo says thanks.
  8. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Ive just started playing MP for like 30mins & already it seems like the game is failcake - since its 9v9 in TDM & most higher level players have 50.cal snipers it seems a real camp fest.

I suppose 9v9 is more personal but I can say that Im already taking a huge dislike to the MP aspect of the game....SP however is passable, I could probably replay it a few times.

is it just me or does MP really really fucking suck?

Another problem is Steams feature to let you see how many people are in that current game/server. because now you actually waste time joining a friends game not knowing weather the servers full or not...

I f**king hate this 9v9 bullshit - MW1 will ALWAYS be the best out of this consolized peice of crap. f**K IW & the cursed bastard child they call Modern Warefare 2
    El_Mayo says thanks.
  9. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Taken from the Steam forums;
    The game does require that it can communicate outbound only on 3 UDP ports for the IWNet matchmaking, port 1500, port 3005, port 3101. It's unusual for outbound ports to be blocked except in the most restrictive settings, most users won't have to do anything for this to work even in a university type setting.

To host, I believe you may need port 28960 open for UDP incoming (this is what some people are setting up port forwarding for). But again, you shouldn't worry about this as you never really need to host.

I did that, and mine's now open. I've even hosted a couple times (only way you can tell is if you leave, it says that it's trying to find another server for them). Also doing this helped considerably with finding <100ms servers.

Tbh, if you cared to pay any form of attention, you'd realize that the .50cal is the DEFAULT sniper rifle for the default Sniper class. It isn't a high-end rifle anymore, since you also start off with it in your 'Custom Kits'. And to stop finding nothing but "camp fests", play Domination, where players actually have to move about to get shit done, sure you'll still find SOME campers, but no where near as many as in TDM.

And to clear up any confusion about the default classes, they're not very basic and simple kits, they've got higher level stuff than most lvl20's, so you can have a "preview" of the higher end equipment and perks.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well I apologise for being completely shatterd after a week of 2-10 shifts that has left me totally exhausted & unable to grasp the basics of the game.

good day to you sir.
  11. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well don't take your frustrations out on something else that you've obviously don't even fully understand it, and then come on here and rant about how shit it is even though you "are unable to grasp the basics of the game" in the first place.

Take a break, once you're no longer "shattered", try the game again and come back with an intellectual view instead of an emotional one.
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    doesnt change the fact that I still think its crap... 9vs9??? Come on! its not exactly a orgasmic slaughter fest.

I can rant as much as I please since I bought the game :toast::toast:
  13. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    hmm can we try not to flame each other regardless of how tired he was the games still a camp fest on console had 3 friends buy it 2 returned it due to camping being the #1 tactic so i can see freedoms point and not everyone likes all play modes im partial to TDM as well but i wont buy this game if i want to play ill go to the one friend that kept the game saves me money :) and pc version is a red headed step child with pimples that was born to your ex wife and the mailman while u were at work ;) or something i dont know to tired to make a witty remark now
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    no its fine, I love it when people try n act high n mighty over teh internetz. & for the record - I didnt flame anyone
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well i dont lol theres no need for it here ppl either love it or hate it or semi enjoy it w/e at the end of the day if some had a good time playing it good for them if not they can move on ;) no ones making us play this game im upset they shafted everyone but at least i lose nothing from it either it just boils down to tastes and BF2 tastes better then MW2 lol

edit:
    if anyone still plays Battlefield 2 shoot me a pm with a game time between 3pm and 7pm est lol we can team up on a server i got a new headset coming in on monday and my own teamspeak server running off the desktop :D lets go blow off some steam sometime in a 64man grudge match or something haha
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree - EA deserves much praise for finally bringing in widescreen support. BF2, Pre-CoD:Mw2 games are definitely more enjoyable.

Pitty this new addition to a successful franchise leaves a very very bitter taste in my mouth. If they ever make another CoD - their gonna need to do some serious sucking up to fans to make up for this shenanigans. & I bet they will too! I bet the next CoD game will see the return of 32vs32 & Dedicated servers. & that alone will be a testament to how incredibly lacking MW2 was, pitty the games released so they cant really do any big modifications to the game.
  17. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    meh no skin off my back what they do its a buisness there making money right now its about the quick buck eventually this kind of thing will become a passed over fad and we all know it companies have tried these types of tactics time and time again and they always resort back to the way it was in order to save there own asses
  18. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i think they'll get out of this rut and release a true CoD 5 and 6 - the numbers are missing from WaW and MW2, so they're like "side" games to the series
  19. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well im not sure about that.... this whole Console Vs PC business has been going on for a while & console ports are slowly starting to appear more n more on the market. I Fear its not going to be that difficult to shake off.
  20. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    while i hate console ports some have been very good and are slowly getting better we have to face the fact games are gonna get ported more and more which im not adverse to it means more games for us to play what i want to see is better support and better optimization

example Brothers in Arms hells highway horrible game on PC with the dev refusing to patch the issues

good examples Masseffect and now were seeing more games released of there time hell SF4 and RE5 were nice releases my point is more games is good as long as they fucking work pardon the french.
    i think some devs get flak for no reasons some games made for pc epic fail because there rushed hopefully companies learn to polish there work a bit more and release it for us PC platform has unreleased potential but i can willingly deal with that for lots of games that work and play and get fixed properly
  21. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Treyarch will set things right I enjoyed WaW single player a lot and was the First multiplayer to bring Vehicles since CoD UO, hopefully they'll make another game and show-up there idiot brother IW.
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well whatever, I really cant see myself falling head over heels over MW2 almost enough to brand it 0% content.

but at least the Co-Op SP missions are nice, at least its not all crap. thats the only good thing i can think of about the game.
  23. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well despite multiplayer sucking hardcore i think the SP version is just awesome. Better than the first. I really dont see whats so bad about that mission. I mean come on you can do ALOT worse in other games. Postal 2 comes to mind actually. Nothing beats pouring gas on somebody and lighting their sorry asses on fire then they run into the library (or mall) and catch every one else on fire. How bout beating your local police lady with a fucking shovel. SHOVEL!! Yea, so mowing people down with a submachine gun is nothing compared to that. Last but not least, GTA anybody? I can rape your mother in that game and the cops will walk by and not even give a shit.

I think the panty wastes of this world need to wake up and smell the slimey piece of shit thats in their cup cause thats all this world is anymore. And for people to bitch over a game is pretty pointless too. Its a game. If you like it then buy it or find other means of "aquiring" it. If not then sit back, dont buy it, and enjoy your 60 extra bucks in your pocket. Done deal.
    El_Mayo and HookeyStreet say thanks.
  24. NONYA

NONYA New Member

Thanks Received:
    just playe online for the first time,kikass!
  25. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    That was the first game that ever inspired me to throw a controller. *shudder*

For $40, this would be a great game I think. Not for $60 tho, not even for $50. If you give us less content, you need to lower the price, not inflate it.