1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by mudkip, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    In regards to the civilian scene... I'm usually the anal-retentive conservative type a-hole that complains about controversy, but in this case I don't see the big deal.

Someone made the point that the difference between it and say GTA games, is that in GTA while you have the option to kill mass civilians, you aren't forced to per the parameters of the misson/game.

That is relevant, yet are we surprised that game developers continue to push this envelope?

But all the victims are white, so that makes it 'ok' right?

Show me that scene with them gunning down muslims or africans and then I'll let out a low-key whistle and say 'woah.'
    eidairaman1 says thanks.
  2. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Resident Evil 5. Farcry 2.
  3. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Spongebob has a extremely negative impact on the development of children's minds. Cartoons nowadays are not as good as they were back in the 80s/90s, except a few but that's about it. Spongebob= Brainrot.
  4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    After playing the airport scene i feel like getting a gun and trying it for real........Not.Its a game ffs why the big furore over it,there's been much worse stuff in other games.If it offends you then dont play it,simples.

Its just a shame they cheap assed out and fubard the mp section but oh well,big corps like to make money,not spend it.
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah and when you get to molest a child in the next game to establish character Ill just keep in mind that its just a game. I mean its not real right?
  6. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Adventures of Michael Jackson?
  7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    what part of dedicated servers & 32vs32 dont they understand???
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Michael Jackson's pee pee shoots rainbows.
  9. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Would you be so negative about that 1 mission if Modern Warfare 2 had been everything you hoped it to be? I think not ;)
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you have no idea what I am angry about. It took you three pages to understand what I said in my first post.
  11. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hes angry cause Jacksons pee pee shoots care bear...um...skittles.
  12. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:

Hookey nothing will change his mind, let him go. I understand his point about the industry in general(heck I have watched my beloved Tom Clancy games be COMPLETELY destroyed by "consolitus") I even broke down and bought GR:AW2 for my PS3:shadedshu I DON'T like playing FPS's on my console...

MW2 is great game despite it's MP shortcomings(tho in my brief MP experience I had no issues with it)but I see "the masses" points on it.
    Besides we all know who is to blame for all this...

SHEPERD!!!:roll:
  13. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    personally, i wont buy mw2 because it is 60 bucks and they dicked over the PC community. i am a PC gamer and i own a PS3 for the bluray mostly. i am ALWAYS looking for discounts and great deals. in fact, rarely should you ever pay MSRP for anything. this isnt easy for bleeding edge tech geeks to hear, but we tend to waste a ton of cash on what is new. the price drops 10% in 2 weeks. buy it then! steam is always having sales on games. i bought the l4d2 4 pack which saved me 17 bucks! also, find a solid seller on tpu. there is so much awesome stuff for sale at 30-50% off and it is in like new condition. i know i am ranting, but people complain about how expensive this stuff is. it doesn't have to be, just exercise a little self control and do a little research.
    DonInKansas, shevanel and PP Mguire say thanks.
  14. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I try to explain the "used on TPU" portion to people and they dont wanna hear it (unless they are part of the community of course). Hell i just got an 800 dollar phase unit for the trading of 2 280s worth around 300 bucks. Deal or no deal? DEAL!

Same goes for games. People sell them for pocket change here.
  15. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    LOL! Yep, but he got what he deservered ;)
  16. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    You can like the MP or not, i dont, i wonder if its that hard to make the game with matchmaking and dedicated servers, and let the user choose whatever he likes. the lean option its not there, why???:confused:. In my ps3 i have 6 users profile, i buy a game and the 6 users can play it, now i bought MW2 for pc and guess what THERE IS NO USER PROFILE:twitch:, so if my brother wants to play the game he has to buy his own license. So in ps3 the game for my brother and i cost 60 but in pc it would cost me 120 and that without the expansions!!!. So i bought the game and two days later i finished it, gone are my 60 bucks:mad:.

As i said in the begining, you can like the MP or not, but in pc there are a lot of F**** up things. thanks Infinity Ward:respect:, now i know this is not a port, since a least in the consoles you can create your own profile.
  17. WiCz New Member

Thanks Received:
    They don't want people to have dedicated servers because they want you all to pay a subscription to get similiar ( although much more limited ) services direct from them...
  18. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I know. I want to snap up dragon age twice as much as I did before just because it's so superior on PC versus the consoles (I'm that big of a PC fanboy). It's still $50, but that somehow doesn't seem quite as bad as the $60 for COD. Plus I'm sure it will drop in price faster.
  19. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
  20. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm wondering the same thing on ID Software's side . . . if that rumor turns out to be true.

<sigh>

Nothing will irritate PC gamers more than being treated like consolers. But, it's sad, it shows where the devs think the market is, and we're just an afterthought.

Big reason why I'm so willing to support the few game devs who've yet to cave to the wills of the console market . . . ID/Raven Software (although they're spewing blasphemy right now), CryTek (although, this will probable change with CryEngine 3), GSC (poised to change if the rumors of STALKER 2 are correct) . . .

<sigh>
  21. WiCz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, that's why Tripwire Interactive will always have my full support. Woe betide them if they try anything like this of course ;)
  22. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    I know you lot don't want to hear this, but if you really like combat shooters, why on Earth are you pussy-footing around with these 'perk' games, when you could be playing something like ARMA II?

Is it really that difficult for you? Because I can't see any other reason why you'd let your heart bleed out on the floor when there's a great game already out there.

Anyways, that's the only 'solution' I can think of.

Meanwhile, MW2 SP was ok, but Lord have they ever heard of stamina or tactics? Why is it that every COD turns out to be a blitzkrieg? I guess their idea of stealth is a suppressor..woo!
  23. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    +1 on that :)
  24. WiCz New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been playing Red Orchestra and it's mods for the last 6 years or so, with the odd diversion on Killing Floor. I don't intend to stop either, at least not until they realease RO:Heroes of Stalingrad :)

All these other so called 'realistic' shooters and their turbo-hopping rambo nonsense leave me cold I'm afraid :(
  25. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Simple, some people dont like boring shooters. I just finished this game. Had me on my toes the whole time even when i kept dieing in certain places :laugh: